Saturday, January 20, 2007

Bay Area Blogger of the Week # 59

The Finicky Lawyer - Dulling the Pain With Food and Wine

the finicky lawyer blog san francisco


The Finicky Lawyer is the restaurant review site of an anonymous lawyer who does a lot of eating out, including some rather fine dining not only in the Bay Area, but all over the US. What I recently found most interesting was a list of Places I've Eaten in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Finicky Lawyer emphasises restaurants in the list that really shine by italicising them.
"I eat out frequently, whether I am home or on the road, and I am generally unlikely to visit any eatery more than once (with the exception of fast food places, which is more a function of time and convenience as opposed to preference). This is not to say that the un-italicized restaurants are not worth going back to (although that is true in some cases) or that I have never gone back to some of those restaurants. Rather, the places I have italicized are the ones that have stood out in some meaningful way from the others, whether because of a single memorable dish that I crave tasting again or because the chef's creativity holds something that draws me back". The Finicky Lawyer,2006
Check out the Fincky Lawyer's list in your area. Do you agree or not?
San Francisco
New York
Texas
Boston
Southern California
Washington DC
Chicago




More new My Bay Area Food and Blog Finds:
chuckeats | Mission Eats | The Fud Court

Archives
2006 | Fresh Coconut in Fiji
2005 | Our first ever press mention


Previously Featured Bay Area Food & Drink Bloggers & Friends:
The Ethicurean | The Grub Report | Food Notebook | Give me Some Food | Restaurant Girl Speaks | Savory San Francisco | Civic Center | Meathenge | Jennifer Jeffrey | Sex & The Kitchen | Eating Surburbia | Cocktails with Camper English | Bullpen Baker | Cooking With Amy | Knife's Edge | Culinary Muse | Hungrig in SF | Mary Ladd's Food Finds | 2 tasty Ladies | Dessert First | Ms Glaze's Pommes d'Amour | Hedonia | Dive | Sweet Napa | Cupcake Bakeshop | Tea & Cookies | Albion Cooks | Blogher | Bay Area Bites | Hungry Hedonist | Mighty | Chez Pim | The Blue Bottle Clown College | The Novato Experiment | Amuse Bouche | Feeding Fashionistas | All In | Dr Five Pints | SF Gourmet | Small Farms | In Praise of Sardines | Life Begins @ 30 | Gastronomie | Confessions of a Restaurant Whore | Bunny Foot | Sweet & Savory | I'm Mad and I Eat | Yummy Chow | Nosheteria | Vivi's Wine Journal | Epicurian Debauchery | Food Musings | Pfiff | Marga's Food Blog | Where the Wild Things Are | Eggbeater



| | | | |
Bay Area Blogger of the Week # 59

6 Comments:

  • At 20/1/07 09:49, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am pretty sure that he is a she (though I will never reveal her identity!).

     
  • At 20/1/07 10:37, Blogger Sam said…

    thanks for the tip catherine - I have ammended the post to no longer include a gender. Just so everyone knows, I had clearly made an assumption about sex of which I am now ashamed, that the finicky lawyer was a he, when as Catherine pointed out none of us actually know (apart from CVatherine maybe) who the Finicky Lawyer is.

     
  • At 20/1/07 12:56, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the link, I've heard that lawyers and other business people eat out quite a lot - a food blog / review site seems like a great way to turn an eat out lifestyle into something others can enjoy reading about!


    Ari (Baking and Books)

     
  • At 21/1/07 10:09, Blogger wheresmymind said…

    There are a couple franchises that I wouldn't recommend to friends...yes Legal Seafood is good but there are better places...and Bertucci's???

     
  • At 21/1/07 13:20, Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said…

    Actually, I think the lists are of all of the places she has eaten in these cities - the ones that are italicized are the ones she recommends and would go back to. I am also a food-blogging lawyer, and I think may be a few others out there.

    Speaking of lawyers and food blogs this link sort of cracked me up -
    http://www.foodpoisonblog.com/ What a way to get business!

     
  • At 23/1/07 16:17, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I cannot speak for other cities, but you could pick up a copy of Time Out Chicago and get that same old tired laundry list. Plus any one calling themsleves finicky would not ordain the reprehensible Maggiano's Little Italy and their deplorable parade of nasty Cisco larder. Blech!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home