Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Served on a Pretty Nasty Plate...

Tierra Chipotle Chile Jam Batch #2 Dribbled on Cowgirl's Creamy Panir with Acme bread

picture photograph or animated gif 2007 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/


Everything pictured is very good...


Local Resources
Pretty Nasty Plate a gift from good friends
Pretty Nasty Plate available at Rose & Radish
Tierra's wonderful Chile Jams, available at the Ferry Plaza Saturday Farmers' Market.
Cowgirl's website doesn't even mention the Panir. Maybe it's meant to be a secret?
Acme Bread - How many more years will their website be under construction?
Tierra Smoky Chile Jam, Circa 2005

© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh", becksposhnosh.blogspot.com This RSS Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, or at the aforementioned url, the site you are looking at might be guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact becks.posh.food.blog[AT]gmail[DOT]com to report any suspected violations. Thank you.
Served on a Pretty Nasty Plate...

14 Comments:

  • At 11/7/07 04:09, Blogger Beccy said…

    Nope...I'm not jealous today...not of that food, (I am of course jealous of your forthcoming dinner date)!

     
  • At 11/7/07 05:57, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My mouth is wide open and I'm asking myself how can I get my hands on some raw milk to start making cheese again. And what's the recipe for that jam?

     
  • At 11/7/07 07:56, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never tried Panir. It looks wonderful - is it sweet?

    I'm always open to trying new cheeses.

     
  • At 11/7/07 07:59, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Try the Tierra chile jam and Acme baguette with Andante's fresh goat cheese beaten with a little cream to make it spread-able (add some minced chives if you wish). It's a great nibbler for guests arriving at a dinner party

     
  • At 11/7/07 09:47, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmm ... looks heavenly. Reminds me of when I was in Santa Fe, and would dribble chile honey on, well, everything. Where'd the chipotle jam come from?

     
  • At 11/7/07 10:12, Blogger Sam said…

    Details of where to get these products are listed on my post under the heading "local resources". I don't have recipes - these are locally sourced (San Francisco) artisanal products.

    This is an exceptionally good chile jam. My favourite. They have three different levels of spicyness. This is the mid one - I like it because of the chipotle.

     
  • At 11/7/07 10:25, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    "Waiter, there are snails on her plate. Now get them out of here before she sees them!"

     
  • At 11/7/07 14:12, Blogger Rose said…

    This looks amazing, but alas, I too thought I'd get to a recipe for that jam! In the meantime, I think I'll walk down to the Ferry Building after work . . .

     
  • At 11/7/07 18:42, Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said…

    Oh man... I saw this headline and got all excited, but never mind. :-)

    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PEOPLE_BECKHAMS?SITE=CADIU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

     
  • At 12/7/07 01:02, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cute plate (and the food looks pretty good too!). You only seem to be able to get nasty, slimy looking vacuum packed panir in the UK - this looks much, much nicer!

     
  • At 12/7/07 11:21, Blogger Caffienated Cowgirl said…

    I can only imagine how wonderful that tastes...

     
  • At 12/7/07 13:48, Blogger Sue said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 12/7/07 13:50, Blogger Sue said…

    Sorry about the last comment..I really must proofread better....Let's try this again. That looks exceptionally good!!! That jam looks like a thicker form of an Indian tamarind sauce, which is sweet and delightfully spicy at the same time. Yum...

     
  • At 13/7/07 06:10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks "YUMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"
    Wish I could just have a bite of it right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home