Sunday, June 04, 2006

New York MoMA - Food, Wine, Art & Design

The Museum of Modern Art, 11 West 53 Street, between Fifth and Sixth avenues. New York, NY 10019-5497

photograph picture andy warhol perrier at new york moma

Some guy I know with [an] Andy Warhol



photograph picture paul gauguin

Paul Gauguin, click to enlarge



photograph picture egg shells at new york moma

click to enlarge



photograph picture otto prutscher wine goblets at new york moma

Otto Prutscher Wine Goblets, click to enlarge



photograph picture andy warhol campbells soup at new york moma

Andy Warhol's Campbell's Soups, click to enlarge



photograph picture salvador dali at new york moma

What kind of food has Salvador Dali placed on this woman's head, and around her neck? Click to find out.






Links, Resources and Further Reading

MoMa | Website
My favourite find | Artist Vija Celmins

photograph picture andy warhol campbells soup at new york moma

Vija Celmins "To Fix The Image in Memory"




Archive Alert! This weekend last year: Can the English Make Champagne?


| | | | |
New York MoMA - Food, Wine, Art & Design

7 Comments:

  • At 4/6/06 09:13, Blogger Delphine said…

    food and art?


    perfect mix!
    (I always dreamed to visit this museum)

     
  • At 4/6/06 16:06, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Why, that's just... surreal!

     
  • At 4/6/06 17:15, Blogger wheresmymind said…

    We were at the MoMa a few weeks ago and it was so crowded! This was the second time we'd been and it was swamped...I don't think my wife and I will be back there any time soon which is a shame because it is a beautiful museum!

     
  • At 5/6/06 22:38, Blogger ebbye said…

    I love Dali!

     
  • At 6/6/06 16:50, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i really like that egg one. who's the artist?

     
  • At 9/6/06 07:35, Blogger Sam said…

    Del - just your cup of tea

    Cookie - a lot of it was, yes,

    WMM - it wasn't too bad when we were there. I liked the photo gallery best.

    Ebbye - me too - there were some of his most famous pieces there which was great - I had only seen them in books before.

    Anon - now if only I had taken a note of which artist that was. I tried to do so in most cases - but the details of this one eludes me - I am sorry.

     
  • At 11/6/06 02:03, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The woman's head is interesting, but disturbing. Those ants marching right towards her eye have given me the shivers. Great photo though, it really brings in the details.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home