Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hangar One Open House 2007

No better way to spend a Saturday afternoon



Browse our pictures above, but find a much better set over on friend (pictured above) TShane's Flickr Hangar One Set. He has some stunning snapshots of the afternoon and other Hangar One occasions.

A few observations:

-Hangar One's Lance Winters should change his name to Lance Wittier. He is one of the funniest men I have ever had the pleasure of spending an afternoon with. He cracks me up.

-Lance Winters also makes incredible imbibements. I know that's not a real word but he suggested I should not call them drinks.

-My friend Brian makes killer furniture. He recently finished work on the upstairs bar at Hangar One and he did an amazing job. I think it might have been Fred who literally christened the bar yesterday afternoon.

-Absinthe is no longer illegal in the USA.

-Have you ever taken the Mexican Bus? It makes you smile!




Thanks to Lou at Hangar One for kindly comping Fred and me tickets to the event, to Brian for letting us be part of his entourage, and to the lovely Lance for inviting said entourage upstairs for private tastings.


Archives
2006 | Culinary Muse
2005 | Imperial Tea Court, The Ferry Building
2004 | Galere de Rois, Paris


© 2007 Sam Breach
Hangar One Open House 2007

8 Comments:

  • At 15/7/07 14:45, Blogger ChrisB said…

    I managed to look at all the photos of you and Fred- most are good but I saw one you won't like! Glad you had a good time.

     
  • At 15/7/07 14:51, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    OMG, that bar in your 7th picture? It's made out of my dad's airplane!!

    Sounds like fun.

     
  • At 15/7/07 20:07, Blogger Dagny said…

    I have been wanting to head over to Hangar One for some time now. I guess now that I have the time, I really should get motivated.

    And no, I've never taken the Mexican Bus but I have friends who have (for a bachelorette party). They swear by it.

     
  • At 15/7/07 20:36, Blogger camper said…

    Hey- I was there too, but it looks like you arrived early. It was fun dipping a finger into the freshly-made booze coming off the still. Slurp.

     
  • At 16/7/07 12:19, Blogger ellie said…

    What a great day! I so enjoyed meeting both you and Fred and hope you had a lovely b'day dinner. Do let me know how that caesar salad soup turns out...

     
  • At 16/7/07 21:12, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great adventure, Sam. Loved hanging out and imbibing with yous twos! Thanks again, Fred, for my "Jay Leno" chin!

    P.S. Ellie, I hope that Jeanne sent you the link to my flickr page.

     
  • At 18/7/07 17:43, Blogger Chubbypanda said…

    There's a microbiologist, Ted Breaux, in New Orleans who has used chemical engineering to reverse engineer the process for creating true absinthe. I've linked the WIRED article for you here..

     
  • At 13/12/07 11:29, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    True absinthe? where to buy absinthe? Do you have any idea?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home