Friday, April 07, 2006

What Matters in Vegas

Is where one STAYS in Vegas

photograph picture mystery hotel las vegas

I still have to come down to earth. I am sitting on the cloud I landed on when I got my third Las Vegas hotel suite upgrade in as many visits. First, my mum and I got upgraded to the high roller suite in the Aladdin. You should have seen her trampolining on the enormous bed in our 2000+ sq foot space palace. Last time, Fred and I enjoyed an upgrade to a spacious double room suite at The Palms (that's where Britney stayed when she got married the first time).

This time we weren't staying anywhere fancy. "I hope you don't mind, I've upgraded you to a suite", the receptionist said on our arrival. For just $150 a night (inc tax), we scored the most pimpin', 70s retro, outrageous Vegasesque suite with sunken marble jacuzzi and view of the Bellagio lake. It took us no more than 3 minutes to get from our room to the strip and we were right in the centre of all the action. So, who of you can guess where we were staying? I don't think I am going to be staying anywhere else in Vegas ever again.




Archive Alert! On this day in 2005: Citizen Cake, San Francisco


| | |
What Matters in Vegas

12 Comments:

  • At 7/4/06 12:22, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Sam, how nice! I love Las Vegas for its sheer over-the-top everything. Hope you had a fabulous time!

     
  • At 7/4/06 12:58, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a pad!

     
  • At 7/4/06 14:01, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that's either Bally's, Barbary Coast, or the Flamingo... but it was a few years since we were on the strip. We stayed at the Imperial Palace when we were there, and it was certainly cheap and fab and all that.
    have a great time!

     
  • At 7/4/06 14:40, Blogger Ced said…

    3 mn off the strip: I'd guess the hard rock.

     
  • At 7/4/06 14:42, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous. I love Las Vegas and hate people who hate Las Vegas. Snoots!

    : D

     
  • At 7/4/06 16:34, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    That's bigger than my house!! Gawd, what fun.

     
  • At 8/4/06 13:43, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have to go with the Barbary Coast.

     
  • At 8/4/06 13:57, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep theres nothing like having some good old fashion nosh hehe.
    http://www.mikeslotteryblog.com and see http://www.mikesnewsblog.com

     
  • At 8/4/06 20:38, Blogger Cate said…

    Sounds like someone's having a grand time! Never been to Vegas, but it's on my list...

     
  • At 9/4/06 04:30, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam, fantastic shots and you look ultra gorgeous in the red coat and boots - in front of the red wall! Hope you had a lovely time. keiko x

     
  • At 9/4/06 20:21, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, it has to be either Bally's or the Paris, because those are the resorts across the Strip from the Bellagio (yes, I lived there until last week). From your description of the rooms, I'd guess it was Bally's. Am I right?

     
  • At 9/4/06 21:21, Blogger Sam said…

    Some good guesses - obviously some people know their vegas better than others.

    Christina was the first to stumble on the correct answer, but she didn't declare it with quite the same confidence as Neil who had not dounts - indeed it was none other than Barbary Coast

    This place rocks - I swear I am not staying else anywhere else again in the winter time. Only downside is it doesn't have a pool, so I would have to stay somewhere with one of those during the hotter Summer months.

    I don't think Ced quite got what I was saying when I mention ed it was just 3 minuts from our room to the strip. Literally - we could WALK from OUR ROOM and be actually ON THE STRIP sidewalk in less than 3 minutes, I was trying to draw comparison with those mega hotels which are so huge it takes you a good 20 minutes to get from your room to the outside.

    We were lucky to get an upgrade, but even if you wanted to go for it = the suites cost $299 a night - a good deal xheaper than the fancier hotel. We were told there are only 6 suites in total, 3 like the one we had each in a different colour, and three more that are even better. I might have to try one of those next time. We were also told that upgrades are most likely to be given to one nighters, and if they are full sometimes a two night booker might get one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home