Bay Area Blogger of the week #5 Food Musings
I only discovered Catherine Nash's Chitter Chatter about Food in the San Francisco area recently. She is a freelance writer and like so many of us, her favourite subject is food. Join Catherine and her Mr Food Musings on their journey of culinary discovery here. Her blog is the usual mix of recipes, discoveries and restaurant critiques, mainly in the Bay Area.
There is a special reason I am featuring Food Musings today, of all days. Recently I noticed Catherine's post about making paneer. In my youth, I used to make paneer, too, so her description brought back an old memory for me. When Catherine exclaimed "I'm not a crazed dairy maid wannabe. I promise. I'm just obsessed with Indian food. I eat it till I'm sick," I realised we had something in common.
On reading her statement of obsession it became clear we are both big fans of Indian food. This got me thinking. I currently have enough Indian food material to probably keep this blog full of spicy posts for about a week.
I therefore declare it to be India, Curry & Spice Week here on Becks & Posh.
Look out for these upcoming posts:
- Food memories - the start of my love affair with curry.
- Indian Restaurant Reviews
- More Teaching Tim. San Francisco's most eligible bachelor hopes I'll teach him how to whip up a batch of Chicken Tikka Masala.
- Blog Appetit (en Francais) with a touch of India.
- My favourite Indian Cookery Book.
- My favourite Indian product suppliers in San Francisco.
- Hosting an Indian dinner party.
- How to make beautiful looking naan bread that tastes nothing like.
- How to eat curry, Soho-style.
- Indian Food Retrospectives from my archives.