Sunday, November 20, 2005

Today's Brekkie?

Sundays were created for the lazy, right?

photograph picture of things from our sunday breakfast
Click to enlarge


Some nosey-parker wants to know what we ate for breakfast this Sunday. Not so much breakfast in our household, more like brunch! The satellite guys were scheduled to arrive between 8am and midday. Of course, this meant they didn't turn up until 11.57am. Once they had done their stuff I had a sudden urge to whip up a batch of almond macaroons using this Marunchinos (Sephardi almond macaroons) recipe.
I made an omelette using The Fatted Calf's splendid bacon, a particularly pungent Bay Area Farmstead goat cheese from Pugs Leap now stocked by Cowgirl Creamery and eggs from Marin Sun Farms, where else? I washed it all down with some delicious Japanese green tea kindly given to me by the adorable Keiko when I met her recently in London. That's all. Now, what's for dinner...?


Archive Alert! On this date in 2004 I was sharing some photos of vibrant red chard.

| |
Today's Brekkie?

8 Comments:

  • At 20/11/05 17:09, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam - such a gorgeous brekkie! and I fell in love with the pretty packaging of the leaping pug... I didn't even ask if you like green tea or not but I'm glad you seemed to enjoy it (it looks much nicer in your beautiful photos). I hope Fred is feeling better now, take care. Keiko xx

     
  • At 20/11/05 17:13, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    How on earth do you get a "sudden urge to whip up a batch of almond macaroons"?
    I'm lucky if I get a sudden urge to budge.
    Life is good.

     
  • At 21/11/05 05:49, Blogger Monkey Gland said…

    i followed the link for the macaroons..i like the sound of swapping the vanilla for cardamom...

     
  • At 21/11/05 09:08, Blogger Jennifer Maiser said…

    I am so glad to know that cowgirl creamery is stocking pug's leap. I last bought it at the Healdsburg farmer's market and it was delish.

     
  • At 21/11/05 09:10, Blogger Sam said…

    Andrew - shouldn't you be tucked up in bed asleep by this time????

    Keiko - thank you so much for the tea. The packaging is stunning and it tastes so fredh. I cant wait to try thr others too.

    Cookiecrumb, these cookies are so simple to make, you could probably make them without even budging.

    MG - i did consider but Fred hates cardamom so I didn't. I love cardamom. As it turned out, Fred hates sugar and my cookies too. He was remarking with what looked like surprise: "These are sweet, they've got sugar in them". (as if they shouldn't). I tried to explain to him that cookies are mean to have sugar in them but he just didn't get it.
    So next time I will try the cardamom - or the rosewater.

     
  • At 21/11/05 09:39, Blogger Sam said…

    Jen - yes it is GOOD! but not exactly cheap. Over $10 a cheese.

    Valerie - they do taste just like when you were a child and they are SO EASY TO MAKE it's untrue. Who needs Pierre Herme when you can whip up a batch of these in a few minutes???

    I hope you enjoy them.

     
  • At 22/11/05 07:29, Blogger Sam said…

    Valerie -
    I thought we were going to see some photos??? I guess the camera wasn't fast enough!

    Aren't they so easy to make though? I think they probably expect bigger eggs, otherwise they might be to dry.

    I think I might make some more as a gift for friends we are meeting for lunch today. (Then I have the excuse to 'test' a couple!)

     
  • At 22/11/05 16:04, Blogger Sam said…

    valerie - soon you will be starting a food blog, huh???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home