The Potato Salad with Kick
I made a picnic potato salad for our 2nd Annual Russian River Canoeing trip with Burke's Canoe Trips.
This recipe for potato salad is rich, creamy and spicy. Delicious...
- 5 or 6 medium white potatoes. (I prefer Russets but Mollie Stone's didn't have any!)
- 4 hard boiled eggs.
- Bunch of Chives, chopped.
- Handful of parsley, chopped.
- 3 teaspoons of small capers, drained.
- 1 large heaped tbsp of real French, imported from France, spicy Dijon mustard.
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- New Maldon sea salt and pepper
-Cut potatoes into quarters and boil until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
-Once cool, chop eggs and potatoes into cubes.
-Add parsley, chives, capers and shallot.
-In a bowl mix together mustard, mayo, seasoning and paprika, adjusting amounts of each ingredient to taste.
-Mix together with the potato mixture.
-Garnish with chives and paprika. Et voila...! The Potato Salad with Kick