Saturday, August 05, 2006

Bay Area Blogger of the Week # 46

The Bullpen Baker

photograph picture of the San Francisco bay area food blogger bullpen baker fan of the Oaklan As

I suppose you might have thought that nobody could possibly come up with a fresh new angle on food blogging. Think again and meet Becca, The Bullpen Baker who is "Dolling out cookies, baked goods, and good ol' fashion cheer from (several rows) behind the Oakland A's bullpen".

Baseball is a whole different world to me. I went to my first (and last) Giants game a year or two ago where I saw Barry Bonds hit home run number 666. I was sitting on seat number six. And my birthdate is 6666. A round of four drinks cost us over $50. How different things might have been if the Giants had been playing the A's on that night, and we'd been sitting behind the Bullpen and a blogger would have brought us free cookies. I might even have had a good time.

The Bullpen Baker is a very funny blog. You just have to read through it. It's all about fan worship, root beer, bitching and of course, cookies. Check it out.



PS. Two birthday wishes are flying towards two wonderful women in LA today. My ex-roomate, D, I miss you. And another D, Ozzie D, I miss you too. Have a lovely day, ladies!


Come Surf with me:
'Ave'n Avocado: an amazing array of avocado ideas.
Having a Snail of a Time: would you let these live molluscs into your kitchen?
I say tomaaaaaaahhhto: Indespensible guide to the start of tomato season.
Edible Flower Power: Stuff those Squash Blossoms!
Salt of the Sea: What's yours called?
Pie a la blog: There are no sweeter pastries.


Next in line for my My Bay Area Food Blog Roll:
Alpineberry



Archive Alert! On this day in 2005: Piatti Locali



And on this day in 2004: My friend's special birthday.


Previously Featured Bay Area Food & Drink Bloggers:
Cooking With Amy | Knife's Edge | Culinary Muse | Hungrig in SF | Mary Ladd's Food Finds | 2 tasty Ladies | Dessert First | Ms Glaze's Pommes d'Amour | Hedonia | Dive | Sweet Napa | Cupcake Bakeshop | Tea & Cookies | Albion Cooks | Blogher | Bay Area Bites | Hungry Hedonist | Mighty | Chez Pim | The Blue Bottle Clown College | The Novato Experiment | Amuse Bouche | Feeding Fashionistas | All In | Dr Five Pints | SF Gourmet | Small Farms | In Praise of Sardines | Life Begins @ 30 | Gastronomie | Confessions of a Restaurant Whore | Bunny Foot | Sweet & Savory | I'm Mad and I Eat | Yummy Chow | Nosheteria | Vivi's Wine Journal | Epicurian Debauchery | Food Musings | Pfiff | Marga's Food Blog | Where the Wild Things Are | Eggbeater


| | | |
Bay Area Blogger of the Week # 46

6 Comments:

  • At 5/8/06 12:54, Blogger wheresmymind said…

    Glad you saw Bonds' 666 homer...he's truly evil :)

     
  • At 5/8/06 16:18, Blogger Dagny said…

    I love that she posts a baking schedule. I've been meaning to head to an A's game.

     
  • At 6/8/06 08:08, Blogger Kalyn Denny said…

    Wow Sam, that's an impressive collection of food bloggers in your area. How fun to have so many others living near you.

     
  • At 7/8/06 06:08, Blogger Parisbreakfasts said…

    Re:Ms.Bullpen...if I could just find the "bitching" section you mentioned. Too much ballpark stuff for moi there...

     
  • At 7/8/06 09:39, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wmm - but I am not, eh? Despite all those sixes.

    Dagny - you'll have to make sure you get a seat in the Bull Pen next to becca if you can, then.

    Kalyn - it never ceases to amaze me that every week I seem to find yet another foody blogger in the Bay Area

    Parisbreakfasts - I am not a huge fan of baseball either, but I thought Becca's angle and writing were so charming, I almost forgot the crux of the subject matter was something I dont generally care for.

     
  • At 9/8/06 10:45, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks for all the kudos! i'm glad i can infuse baseball with a little sugar and spice.

    -becca

     

Post a Comment

<< Home