Saturday, February 04, 2006

Bay Area Blog of the Week # 31




I find writing original content for any blog other than my own difficult to say the least. (Every time I agree to do it, I struggle with it, and then regret having agreed to do it in the first place.) But giving props to other peoples' blogs and helping to foster community is absolutely my bag, which is why I almost didn't hesitate when Elise invited me to be part of the BlogHer Food & Drink Editing team.

The BlogHer Network is a guide to women bloggers, organised into 20 popular topics, where you'll find lists of blogs by women and constantly updating guides to what's hot. Contributions come from women all over the globe, but Blogher has its roots here in Northern California which is my excuse for including it, today, as my Bay Area Blog of the week.

Some of the editors will be creating original content, but no, not me. I promise my posts will give you no more than a brief sentence or two that points you in the direction of women who write reviews of restaurants and guides to eating outside of the home. I am trying to make my picks as diverse as possible - from high-end dining to street food, in all corners of the world.

If dining out isn't your bag, then check out one of the other Food and drink contributing editors:

Vegetarian | Alanna Kellog | A Veggie Venture
Desserts | Jennifer Hamilton | The Domestic Goddess
Food Industry | Jennifer Maiser | Life Begins at 30
Weight-Loss | Kalyn Denny | Kalyn's Kitchen
Cooking Methods and Tips | Elise Bauer | Simply Recipes
Gluten-free | Shauna James | Gluten-free Girl
Epicurean, High Cuisine | Toby Bloomberg | Diva Marketing

And don't forget - Blogher isn't just about food and drink, it's a great place to discover all sorts of blogs on a wide range of subjects, all written by women. Check it out!



PS. If you are a woman who blogs about any subject, you can add your own site to the Blogher Blogrolls here.


Previously Featured Bay Area Food & Drink Bloggers:
Bay Area Bites | Hungry Hedonist | Mighty | Chez Pim | The Blue Bottle Clown College | The Novato Experiment | Amuse Bouche | Feeding Fashionistas | All In | Dr Five Pints | SF Gourmet | Small Farms | In Praise of Sardines | Life Begins @ 30 | Gastronomie | Confessions of a Restaurant Whore | Bunny Foot | Sweet & Savory | I'm Mad and I Eat | Yummy Chow | Nosheteria | Vivi's Wine Journal | Epicurian Debauchery | Food Musings | Pfiff | Marga's Food Blog | Where the Wild Things Are | Eggbeater


Archive Alert! On this date in 2005: Duck Confit and Lentils at Tabla.


| | | | | |
Bay Area Blog of the Week # 31

4 Comments:

  • At 4/2/06 10:31, Blogger Mona said…

    I am right there with you. Some guy asked me to write restaurant reviews for his site and at first I was honored/flattered, said yes, did it once, but kind of wishing I had just said thanks but no thanks...you can't spread yourself too thin I guess. But I'm curious about blogher I will check it out. Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 4/2/06 11:09, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Hey Sam, thanks so much for mentioning my blog post on fried rice and taxi drivers. I'm glad to be part of gurl power in blogland! Blog it on!

     
  • At 5/2/06 08:17, Blogger Farmgirl Susan said…

    Congratulations to you Sam, and to all of the people involved in BlogHer. What a neat resource/community you've created. I've just been over there poking around, listing my blog, and realizing I need at least six hours to even begin reading all of the great info and checking out the dozens and dozens of links! : )

     
  • At 5/2/06 08:28, Blogger Sam said…

    mona - for me it does take some of the fun out of it and certainly makes me realise there is no way I would want to do it for a living.

    MM - the pleasure was mine - I have only just discovered your site and you I like the way you write.

    Farmgirl - I can't really take credit - the blogher people were the ones who set it all up but I think elise battled hard to get a larger number of editors on board in the food section (thankfully since we have so much great material to cover) and I was happy to be asked to be one of them.

    FG By the way - I think you were already listed. We listed a lot of blogs already (about 20-30 each editor) but it was taking us ages and so we figured that women food bloggers who hadnt got on to the roll yet could go and add themselves. Yes - I think I could lose more than 6 hours on there too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home