Saturday, January 14, 2006

Bay Area Blogger of the Week # 28





Heidi from 101 Cookbooks probably needs little introduction, but maybe her new blog, Mighty Foods does. The recently launched site is about:

Natural foods, organic ingredients, fair-trade products, veg-friendly recipes, sustainable farming, whole grains, organic wines, ingredient spotlights, news, profiles, reviews, gift ideas, new product information, culinary travel ideas, studies and trends - information and inspiration, all wrapped up in one food-loving bundle.

My only gripe with Mighty Foods so far is that I don't know who is writing it. Each post is authoured by the mysterious Mighty Staff, but when I click on the link to find out who the staff might be, no information about who is writing the posts is forthcoming. As someone who appreciates personality behind a blog, or at least an idea about who is initiating any information that is being broadcast on the web, I miss those details.

Other than that, the site is good looking, with good information and great photographs including the current Photo Essay about rice. If natural food sources are your thing, then be sure to check out Mighty Foods.



PS. I gave you healthy today, because for the next couple of days we are going to be full of pig fat and meaty goodness. You have been warned.


Previously Featured Bay Area Food & Drink Bloggers:
Chez Pim | The Blue Bottle Clown College | The Novato Experiment | Amuse Bouche | Feeding Fashionistas | All In | Dr Five Pints | SF Gourmet | Small Farms | In Praise of Sardines | Life Begins @ 30 | Gastronomie | Confessions of a Restaurant Whore | Bunny Foot | Sweet & Savory | I'm Mad and I Eat | Yummy Chow | Nosheteria | Vivi's Wine Journal | Epicurian Debauchery | Food Musings | Pfiff | Marga's Food Blog | Where the Wild Things Are | Eggbeater


Archive Alert! On this date in 2005: How suggestive is your sausage?>


| | | |
Bay Area Blogger of the Week # 28

4 Comments:

  • At 14/1/06 17:56, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Oink, oink!
    I swear, if I didn't teeter precariously back and forth between my pork lust and my fascination with natural seeds, seaweeds, foraging, home-grown foods... I'd be sane!

     
  • At 14/1/06 18:59, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sniff, sniff. Is that pork belly I smell? Mmmm, I hope so. I'm starving.

     
  • At 15/1/06 09:47, Blogger Sam said…

    cookie - that you do is proof that you are actually sane!

    maybe, maybe, maybe, Brett

     
  • At 15/1/06 11:23, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the new photo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home