Saturday, December 10, 2005

Bay Area Blogger of the Week # 26

Chez Who?
 Chez Pim's Pim The Prodigal daughter has returned to the Bay. Pim Techamuanvivit, who until last week was off gadding in Europe has come back to San Francisco and I am keeping my fingers crossed she is going to invite me for one of her famously fabulous Thai dinners soon.

All grovelling aside, I have a good reason for mentioning Pim, today of all days. I want you to check out her blog, but please wait until Monday, when something very special indeed will be happening on her front page. You can check back in with me on Monday as well, because I'll be doing something special too.



PS. The new December issue of Food & Wine plopped on my doorstep yesterday. In their gift guide on page 112 they feature a Multi-Tasking Zester which combines two surfaces - one for zesting citrus and one for coarsly grating hard cheese. Why then, in the accompanying photo, did they grate the lime on the surface sepcified for cheese? Huh? Duh!

PPS. Je ne suis pas un mouton. I absolutely promise my readers I will not blog about seasonal citrus fruit.

Previously Featured Bay Area Food & Drink Bloggers:
The Blue Bottle Clown College | The Novato Experiment | Amuse Bouche | Feeding Fashionistas | All In | Dr Five Pints | SF Gourmet | Small Farms | In Praise of Sardines | Life Begins @ 30 | Gastronomie | Confessions of a Restaurant Whore | Bunny Foot | Sweet & Savory | I'm Mad and I Eat | Yummy Chow | Nosheteria | Vivi's Wine Journal | Epicurian Debauchery | Food Musings | Pfiff | Marga's Food Blog | Where the Wild Things Are | Eggbeater


| | | |
Bay Area Blogger of the Week # 26

12 Comments:

  • At 10/12/05 13:24, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! What's wrong with sheep?

     
  • At 10/12/05 14:33, Blogger Sam said…

    They are good for eating. Or thinking of names for, or even counting but moutons are not so good for following.

     
  • At 10/12/05 16:12, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Sam: Got one more lambkins for you (whom I love dearly and had dinner with last night) here.

     
  • At 10/12/05 16:26, Blogger Sam said…

    darn - I knew I had seen another one somewhere.

     
  • At 10/12/05 19:43, Blogger Rachael Narins said…

    DAMN! And I had a Clem post all ready for Monday...oh no wait, I didnt, I have a "menu" post for Monday. Phew.

     
  • At 10/12/05 21:35, Blogger MizD said…

    Wait till Monday, eh? Temptress!

    Y'know, up until a couple weeks ago when seasonal citrus posts popped up all over like fleas on cats, I thought clementine was just the name of some poor ol' miner's daughter. Seriously, we don't get 'em here -- or at least I've never seen 'em. Now, we did include sastumas in a recipe recently, but hey, it was a Paper Chef ingredient; couldn't be helped.

     
  • At 11/12/05 04:56, Blogger Monkey Gland said…

    Baaa Baaa. Great minds and all that...

     
  • At 11/12/05 12:31, Blogger Sam said…

    Well I am pleased that everyone is at least being seasonal. (albeit not local)
    I'd be more worried if there were that many concurrent posts about pineapples.

    I can't believe I left out Derricks ost too.

    See! There were too many to keep track of.

     
  • At 11/12/05 13:10, Blogger Kalyn Denny said…

    Very funny with the seasonal citrus fruit. I gather I wasn't blogging when this made the rounds last time, but I had noticed a trend was developing. I missed a few though. Sam, when do you work? You do seem to do an awfully good job on keeping up with the other blogs. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it, right?

     
  • At 11/12/05 13:40, Blogger Sam said…

    Kaylyn - ha I was off work half of last week and I have just discovered googles feed reader which although it is taking me a long time to set up with all the blogs I want to read, means I can just keep abreast of many more blogs than I used to. It's marvellous, and going to be a great help when I am back at work full time next week.

    Plus I am so nosey, of course I have to know what is going on everywhere else, huh?

     
  • At 11/12/05 18:23, Blogger Jennifer Maiser said…

    Hey - I was being local AND seasonal ;)

     
  • At 11/12/05 18:49, Blogger Sam said…

    sorry jen - I meant not everyone was being local. All those poor people in Europe definitely aren't growing sunshine fruits in their frosty gardens right now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home