Sunday, May 13, 2007

OK - So I Cheated...

Three Years Old, One Thousandth Post, Today!

Last week I spotted a mad person celebrating her blog's second birthday. It caused me to remember that my own blog was born in May so I went to check out my stats and find the exact date of its birth. It was only then that I realised that not only were there just four days until my blog's third birthday but that in four posts time Becks & Posh would hit its 1000th post. So, because I was a little too busy to contrive get the four posts out by the 13th May, I cheated to make it so.

In May 2004, the number of people who read my blog could be counted on one hand finger. (Thanks mum.) And a huge thanks to everyone else I've picked up along the way.

I really can't imagine what my life might or would have been like without all of this. As one of my oldest friends, Penny, said to me last night. "You would probably be a totally different person today, if you'd never started your blog". (Did she mean I might have stayed thin?) Either way, she's right. Que sera, sera. This is the way it is now. Three years that have changed a lifetime and I'm not complaining. Thanks to every one of you out there who has joined me on this roller coaster ride.



Some Announcements:

picture photograph or animated gif 2007 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/
Tanya Steel, editor-in-chief of Epicurious.com, who I met last year and can vouch is fabulous, and chefs Mark Franz, Jan Birnbaum, and Parke Ulrich are hosting a dinner at San Francisco's Farallon to benefit America's Second Harvest. The evening's special menu will feature dishes personally created by each chef, including diver scallop carpaccio, crispy maple pork belly, and roasted strawberry turnovers. Cocktails and Dinner $100 Buy tickets here

Dining Out for Life: Interim Results:
A note from the organisers: We are well on our way to exceeding this year's goal for our 6th Annual Dining Out for Life event. The raffle alone raised $63,000! That's over $18,000 more than last year. That along with the sponsorship/matching grant total of $53,500 brings us to just over $116,500. And that's before any of the restaurants have been factored in. We will be spending the next few weeks inputing all of the raffle and restaurant data information we have received. Due to the overwhelming generosity, it will take a few weeks to enter all the donations from the event. The winning raffle tickets will be drawn once that is completed and the list of the winners will be announced. We are shooting for the last week of May as our announcement date, if things change, we will keep you posted.

Sam Breach, Amanda Berne, and Nikki Wong: Acme Chop House $1,290 in donations plus $770 in online donation for a total of $2060.00

Thanks so much every one who helped us raise funds!



Archives
2006 | Like McDonalds for Dessert: Beard Papa Cream Puffs
2005 | The First Year of Becks & Posh
2004 | Sushi Groove South


© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh", becksposhnosh.blogspot.com This RSS Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, or at the aforementioned url, the site you are looking at might be guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact becks.posh.food.blog[AT]gmail[DOT]com to report any suspected violations. Thank you.
OK - So I Cheated...

28 Comments:

  • At 13/5/07 19:05, Blogger Barbara said…

    Let me be the first to congratulate you on your 1000th post actually on your 1000th post. Well done Sam. My life is reicher for knowing you. I popped over expecting to see something about Spanish food and wine. What's that about?

     
  • At 13/5/07 19:06, Blogger Barbara said…

    Oops. I meant richer. NOw I'm the first and second.

     
  • At 13/5/07 19:07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations Sam! Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 13/5/07 19:25, Blogger Tea said…

    It's an amazing little twist of fate, isn't it? I'm richer for knowing you, and the entire blog community is richer for all that you do and contribute and create. Truly, Sam, I'm not sure how you find time for it all (I'm beginning to suspect that you don't sleep), but I am so glad that you do. Thank you for being such a champion--and awfully fun to boot!

     
  • At 13/5/07 19:49, Blogger Kalyn Denny said…

    Much congratulations and best wishes Sam. I can't really imagine the food blog community without your efforts.

     
  • At 13/5/07 19:55, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Well, I'm reicher. And I like it.
    Love you, Sammie. Congratulations.

     
  • At 13/5/07 22:07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay Sam! Ditto what Kalyn said. I'm a little tipsy right now so I'll leave it at that (in NYC for N's graduation and it's 1 am).

     
  • At 13/5/07 22:10, Blogger Anne said…

    Happy blogbirthday and yeay for 1000 posts! Good job! :)

     
  • At 14/5/07 00:28, Blogger Pille said…

    Happy blog birthday, Sam! Yours is definitely one of the pillars of the foodblogging community, so keep up the very good work for another many-many years:)

     
  • At 14/5/07 01:00, Blogger thepassionatecook said…

    happy blog birthday... i realise i completely forgot about mine, which was 2nd of May. and the cooksister's! all three years this month. i guess we're blogging under a good star.
    keep up the tremendous work - the blog world wouldn't be the same without you!

     
  • At 14/5/07 02:02, Blogger ChrisB said…

    Being your most loyal reader from day one, I am so disappointed that Barbara pipped me to being the first to comment, I kept checking before I went to bed last night. Keep going, love mum xx

     
  • At 14/5/07 03:09, Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said…

    Many milestones to celebrate! Thanks for your blog and Food Blog Scool, both of which add to my daily enjoyment and give me something to aim for as my own little blog approaches its one-year anniversary next month. Goodness, three years! Hooray!

     
  • At 14/5/07 06:03, Blogger Lisa Fain (Homesick Texan) said…

    Your one millionth visitor, your thousandth post and a third birthday? Wow, you're having quite a month! Congrats and happy, happy blog birthday! (....and many more!)

     
  • At 14/5/07 08:21, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Blog Birthday Sam and many happy returns!

     
  • At 14/5/07 08:23, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations, Sam!

     
  • At 14/5/07 10:18, Blogger Anita said…

    Congratulations Sam on a blog that just keeps getting better and better. We are lucky to have you here in the Bay Area!

     
  • At 14/5/07 12:13, Blogger nicole said…

    Congrats and happy 1000th! I look forward to the next 1000 :)

     
  • At 14/5/07 12:55, Blogger Culinary Cowgirl said…

    Happy Blogday! Keep up the great read!

     
  • At 14/5/07 17:07, Blogger Vanessa said…

    Sam, I just wanted to send some love your way. Thanks for all you do.

     
  • At 14/5/07 22:21, Blogger Unknown said…

    Happy blogday! You just reminded me and 'prolly a jillion others of their blog b-days too!

    Congrats and best wishes to all the success you have and are sure to receive!

     
  • At 14/5/07 23:49, Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said…

    Congratulations Sam, and happy blogday!

     
  • At 15/5/07 01:51, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You thanked Mum but I think I have read almost all if not all of your writings But have only just found out that one can make comments. Congrats on the continuing high standard. Only one problem I am not getting any thinner!! Love Dad.

     
  • At 15/5/07 05:26, Blogger Jeanne said…

    Oh congratulations!! My blogbirthday is still abother 11 days off and then it will be 3 years for me too (although you have been a lot busier in the posting department ;-)) Isn't it funny how there was such a burst of new blogs within a few months of each other (Johanna's is also 3 years old this month) - I rememebr feeling like the greenest newbie in the world, totally clueless. Some days I still feel this clueless, only older and fatter ;-) But mostly I feel like the Old Guard when I see blogs with archives of only two months. It's a wonderful life :)

     
  • At 15/5/07 15:42, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on your 1000th post...the rest of us have a long way to go.

     
  • At 16/5/07 05:04, Blogger Douglas Cress said…

    congrats Sam. 1000 posts in three years is quite a pace.

     
  • At 16/5/07 10:57, Blogger FJKramer said…

    Congratulations not just on acheiving this milestone post, but for making such a difference in the all the communities you touch -- food, food blogging and the community at large

    Faith

     
  • At 16/5/07 15:16, Blogger A Few Reservations said…

    Huge congratulations to you, Sam!

     
  • At 18/5/07 09:01, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm in awe - three years and 1000 posts is no small feat! Congratulations Sam, and please don't even think of retiring anytime soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home