Friday, April 27, 2007

An Incredible Moment, A VIP

And Many Thanks

picture photograph of orchid on our deck 2007 copyright of fred shcmidt via the website of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/
Photograph by Frederic Schmidt


I was overwhelmed by the number of people I know who came to help support Dining Out For Life last night at ACME Chophouse. Perhaps the most important guest, was the last to arrive, a young gentleman, known to Becks & Posh readers as Tim.

Tim is just a regular young guy. Good looking with a gorgeous girlfriend, I met him a few years ago at Industrial Light and Magic when he was moved into the office I sat in. As the legend goes, one day he said to me "Why don't you start a blog?" "What's a blog?" I responded... And the rest is history.

So last night, seeing Tim sitting somewhere near the center of the restaurant with tables and tables full of food bloggers and their friends around him, it occured to me that without him none of this would have happened. Tim is the pivot that led to this blog and therefore eventually to everything that occurred last night. Almost three years ago he started the incredible chain of events that led to so many wonderful friendships and to over 40 people, bloggers, their friends and even readers (hello Sarah!) coming to dinner at ACME Chophouse. I have a lot to thank him for.

To everyone (I am not going to list you all individually else I'll be late for work - but you know who you are), who came and spent money on food and then more money on raffle tickets, thank you all. To Kristen - special thanks for the glass of bubbly at the start of the evening to help me calm my nerves - I owe you. To Amanda and Nikki - thank you both for helping me with the Ambassadorship - I couldn't have done it without you both and thanks also to John Eppenheimer, General Manager at ACME Chophouse, for taking care of us three by refreshing us with complimentary drinks and food.

Last not but not least - thanks to those of you who couldn't make it last night but who generously made online donations instead. We raised $2260 from raffle ticket sales.

You are all wonderful, thank you, thank you, thank you.





If you missed our yesterday, the lines are still open, donate here.

Archives
2005 | Indian Essence



© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh", becksposhnosh.blogspot.com This RSS Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, or at the aforementioned url, the site you are looking at might be guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact becks.posh.food.blog[AT]gmail[DOT]com to report any suspected violations. Thank you.
An Incredible Moment, A VIP

9 Comments:

  • At 27/4/07 09:32, Blogger Beccy said…

    Sounds like a good night, well done Sam.

     
  • At 27/4/07 12:01, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Brava, Sammie! And Amanda, and, by golly, Tim too!
    It was way too much fun (and we spent enough to do some good).

     
  • At 27/4/07 13:43, Blogger Tea said…

    What a lovely post Sam. Isn't it funny the random quirks that change your life?
    Sorry I couldn't make it, it would have been a bear of a commute:-)

     
  • At 27/4/07 15:19, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would like to thank Tim as well cause I enjoy reading your blog!

     
  • At 27/4/07 16:08, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was a wonderful night, Sammie!!! Thanks for setting that up and for all the kind words. I am so glad you are using your culinary superpowers for good!

    Tim

     
  • At 27/4/07 17:26, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam, it was such a blast. "Samanda" were working the room like two rock star divas.

    Thanks for doing stuff like this, and getting us all to do a little good in the community.

     
  • At 27/4/07 23:31, Blogger ChrisB said…

    I was unable to get into your comments yesterday. It was lovely talking to you glad this was a success;now enjoy a quiet weekend xx

     
  • At 28/4/07 15:44, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam, N and I thank you and Amanda for continuing to set a positive example doing good works in our community!

     
  • At 29/4/07 05:30, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Must have been a wonderful night, but I hnow that things do not happen without a heck of a lot of work. Love and best wishes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home