Monday, February 04, 2008

Real Super Bowl Party Food

Wiener Sputnick

picture photograph by SeenyaRita, used with permission, 2008 copyright of http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_devil/
Photograph replicated with permission of SeenyaRita, all rights reserved.


If you go to a Super Bowl pot-luck party next year, DON'T, I repeat DON'T, take jasmine tea cookies. You will be far more popular if you take sausages on sticks, especially if you have thrust them sputnick-like into a cabbage which has had its top hollowed out to hold a burner, in which to warm your wieners.

Nice one Eric, nice one son!



PS - My homemade Tuna Poke, on the other hand, wasn't too unpopular at all.



Archives
2007 | Into the Kitchen
2005 | Meat Art

© 2008 Sam Breach
Real Super Bowl Party Food

10 Comments:

  • At 4/2/08 22:20, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can never go wrong with meat on a stick, especially at a Super Bowl party. If it makes you feel any better, I would have gladly eaten your jasmine tea cookies while watching sweaty 300+ pound men smash into each other!

     
  • At 4/2/08 23:25, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found a Ziploc upstairs with said jasmine tea cookies. They are crispy and delicious. I wish that my head cold allowed me to fully appreciate their delicate flavors.
    Now, back to the leftover meat-on-a-stick!

     
  • At 5/2/08 00:23, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been taged twice to tell ten people on their blog that reading them makes my day.


    Of course your are one of them.

    Can I have tea cookies on a stick now?

     
  • At 5/2/08 16:28, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    P.S. I forgot to rave about the poké. It was the one dish that stopped me from having a burger. Sorry if I ate more than my humble share.

     
  • At 5/2/08 18:08, Blogger Cate said…

    Love it!

     
  • At 5/2/08 18:26, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, sausages on sticks are usually a crowd-pleaser! Save those tea cookies for the bingo game! :)

     
  • At 6/2/08 13:08, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm more surprised at your having absinthe at a Super Bowl party. Are you sure anyone watched the game???

     
  • At 7/2/08 09:04, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That, and meatballs, will surely be the winner at any super bowl party!

     
  • At 12/2/08 01:15, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I finally had one of your cookies! They were fantastic (even a week later).

    Great seeing you!

     
  • At 29/2/08 13:46, Blogger Unknown said…

    Mmmm....seeing that creation again makes me Hon-gry!

    Sam, thanks for showing me on the iPhone.

    Should we expect a Tommy's Joynt review next? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home