Friday, June 15, 2007

TECHNOLOGY IN THE KITCHEN: INNOVATION AND DISCOVERY OF MODERN CUISINE

I am going to have to miss my wonderful friend Amanda Berne, who I would never have met if it wasn't for this blog, chairing this panel at The Ferry Building on Monday. Maybe you can go and report back to me instead? Get your ticket here.

MONDAY JUNE 18 | BAY GOURMET

DAVID KINCH, Chef/Owner, Manresa
HAROLD MCGEE, Food Science Writer
DANIEL PATTERSON, Chef/Owner, Coi
JING TIO, Proprietor, Le Sanctuaire
AMANDA BERNE, Senior Editor, Ten Speed Press - Moderator


"Cassoulet is no longer king, and the Larousse Gastronomique is no longer the last word. Experimentation and science are assuming an ever-greater place in American kitchens – both in restaurants and at home. Two forward-thinking chefs, a food science writer and the man who sells them all their toys will tell you how Bay Area chefs are staying on the edge of current trends – such as molecular gastronomy – and help you re-create some of their work in your own home."


6:00 p.m., Reception | 6:30 p.m., Program | Ferry Building, Port Commission Hearing Room, 1 Ferry Plaza, San Francisco | $12 for Members, $18 for Non-Members | To map directions to this program, visit Google Maps.
Program Organizer: Cathy Curtis



And as for my little Mystery Quiz in the last post- there has been a guess that's on the right tracks, but it's only warm. Can you get even closer?


Local Resources
Hmmm? Coincidence or not? When I was enjoying the Alain Passard Dinner at David Kinch's Manresa with Amanda Berne we were sitting at the table next to Harold McGee and we also had a long chat with the charming Jing Tio. Was the idea for this panel conceived in my presence?

*Neither Amanda Berne or anyone else connected with this event asked me to write about on my blog. I am just completely bummed I am going to miss it, but that doesn't mean you have to.

Archives
2006 | Magnolia Bakery, New York
2005 | Cafe Bassam, San Diego


© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh", becksposhnosh.blogspot.com This RSS Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, or at the aforementioned url, the site you are looking at might be guilty of infringeing the terms of my copyright. Please contact becks.posh.food.blog[AT]gmail[DOT]com to report any suspected violations. Thank you.
TECHNOLOGY IN THE KITCHEN: INNOVATION AND DISCOVERY OF MODERN CUISINE

6 Comments:

  • At 15/6/07 07:45, Blogger Kalyn Denny said…

    Wow, it does sound like a wonderful pan. Wish I could be there too.

     
  • At 15/6/07 07:46, Blogger Kalyn Denny said…

    Argh, that should say "does sound like a wonderful panel." I must slow down my fingers.

     
  • At 16/6/07 05:15, Blogger Monkey Gland said…

    Ohhh, a robot, tell me they have a robot!!?? A kitchen robot or hover boots or laser knives.

     
  • At 18/6/07 09:03, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My guess from your party gifts:

    1. Chez Pim
    2. Shuna - Eggbeater
    3. Catharine - Foodmusings


    Did I win anything?
    -Ann L.

     
  • At 18/6/07 11:23, Blogger wheresmymind said…

    Sometimes these new 'science kitchens' scare the heck outta me!

     
  • At 1/7/07 06:46, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read your blog and found it quite interesting not to mention amusing. Thanks for the break from life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home