Saturday, June 23, 2007

SF Local Farm Foods Calculator

from Francisco Hernández

Please excuse my absence over the last couple of weeks. I have had other things on my mind. I promise I will get back to you with the answer to that quiz I left you with as soon as I can. It involves uploading some more pictures otherwise I'd tell you right now. (No one has got it quite 100% right yet, so you there is time for one last attempt, it's the first gift that seems to be eluding people).

I am very excited abut heading the market this morning. Not only will I be meeting a certain blogger for the first time, it will be my first real visit to the market in weeks, for various reasons with solid alibis that have determined to keep me away from it for a while.

I went to check on CUESA's newsletter in order to attempt some pre-market planning this morning only to find they hadn't written one for this week. This serendipitously led me to last week's newsletter instead which in pointed me in the direction of a local blog called Local Foods Sf, written by Francisco Hernández amd described as connecting local food producers and consumers. Most interestingly Hernández, with the help of a friend, has created a Local Foods Calculator into which you can enter your zip code and match it with a choice of local farms in order to see how far food has travelled to get to your door. I certainly wish I'd had access to that when I wrote this.





Local Resources
Other Resources & Further Reading
Archives
2006 | Cute Pussy, Milk and Vodka

© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh", becksposhnosh.blogspot.com This RSS Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, or at the aforementioned url, the site you are looking at might be guilty of infringing copyright terms. Please contact becks.posh.food.blog[AT]gmail[DOT]com to report any suspected violations. Thank you.
SF Local Farm Foods Calculator

4 Comments:

  • At 23/6/07 10:02, Blogger ChrisB said…

    Hope you had a good time at the market can't wait to hear all about it.

     
  • At 23/6/07 10:48, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam-CUESA also emails their newsletter out every Friday (I did get one yesterday so don't know why it wasn't posted on their site). You can sign up on their website and then you don't have to remember to go to the site.

     
  • At 23/6/07 14:15, Blogger Sam said…

    Hi FarmersDaughter - thanks for the headsup, - I have actually been on their mailing list for a couple of years but didn't receive the newsletter this week which is why I went a-looking for it. Hmmmm? Why I didnt I get it this week? I thought it might have been because last week I had my vacation response on my mailbox and sometimes that causes mail lists to unsubsribe you, so I tried to resubscribe but it wouldn't let me since it said I was already subscribed. I guess that was just one newsletter that got lost in the post.

     
  • At 23/6/07 20:56, Blogger Kalyn Denny said…

    Sam, it was so fun to finally meet you in person and hang out for a while. What a great market and a great group of folks who live here too. You're so lucky to be friends with all these intereting people. Unfortunately I had a temporary lapse of will power and have already consumed the Clairesquares before you could warn me (well, my friends ate two of them at least.) Just wow. They were amazing. Hope to see you again when I'm back here, and my best to Fred.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home