Saturday, April 14, 2007

Emily Has Got Style

The Last Ever Bay Area Blogger of the Week #65

picture photograph or animated gif 2007 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/
What to Wear at The Farmers Market by MissEm


After two years and 65 entries I have decided to put my Bay Area Blogger of the Week series to rest. We all know that blogging is supposed to be fun and when something becomes too much of a chore then it's time to move on. This does not mean I am going to stop giving props to my fellow bloggers, oh no, no, no, no. It just means I am going to do it in a less official or expected way so that there is no pressure to post to a timetable, or with certain regularity, looming over me.

I didn't want to finish without mentioning MissEm who writes Emily Style, one particularly charming local blog all about how to be a a fabulous little lady in a big city. Everything about Emily's blog is darling, but my favourite series is her 'What to Wear' when she gives advice to readers on how to dress up for any occasion. Some of these will resonate with people who like food and entertaining, for example:
Open House
Safeway
Crab Season

Last week I set Emily a challenge:
"A week from tomorrow I am going to the farmer's market (nothing different there), where I'll meet several local food blogging girlfriends (nothing new there either), only this time we will be entertaining a visiting, rather well-known blogger from New York. None of us need to worry about attracting him, we are not his type, but we'll want to look fabulously San Francisco and Farmers Market-y gorgeous nonetheless. What do you reckon?"
And she kindly came up with the pictured outfit above. Anyway, have to dash, gotta rush to get ready to meet that VIP at the market. In the meantime I hope you all enjoy Emily's Style.



More local (I think) foodish blogs, or blogs fleetingly covering food:
Food Wishes
TasteMeetLife
Innovation Science
Food for Thought
Savvy Wine Food Blog
Bake and Shake
See Us Eat
Almost Vegetarian
Bits & Bites


Archives
2005 | Saucisson Sec, the first.



© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh", becksposhnosh.blogspot.com This RSS Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, or at the aforementioned url, the site you are looking at might be guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact becks.posh.food.blog[AT]gmail[DOT]com to report any suspected violations. Thank you.
Emily Has Got Style

8 Comments:

  • At 14/4/07 12:19, Blogger Chef John said…

    Thanks for the mention and the link! And yes, I'm very local, a NY transplant, San Fran foodie going on 25 years. I hope you and your readers enjoy visiting my site. You have a great blog here and it's quite an honor to make the "last EVER" list! Cheers, and thanks again.

     
  • At 14/4/07 19:34, Blogger Tea said…

    So, do we get to see what you wore?:-)

     
  • At 15/4/07 06:37, Blogger ChrisB said…

    Nice outfit but it doesn't quite look like you !! so I'm with tea how about a photo

     
  • At 15/4/07 08:29, Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said…

    Very cute Sam - hope you guys had a good time. It was great to see you on Thursday!

     
  • At 15/4/07 14:58, Blogger Loren said…

    Sam, thanks for the mention your blog! I hope that I can live up to the standards of being included in your list of Bay Area food bloggers.

     
  • At 15/4/07 16:00, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam, I'm so flattered that you linked to my site. I'm not a "local" blogger, but I live on the same coast, in Portland.

    Thanks so much. So flattered.

     
  • At 16/4/07 10:43, Blogger MrsEm said…

    I'm so honored! Thanks Sam!

     
  • At 24/4/07 08:39, Blogger Lizlee said…

    Such an honor to be linked on your site! And for a beginner blogger, tremendously encouraging as well. Thanks again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home