Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Best & Worst of Food, 2006

Worst Food Photos 2006

terrible food photographs that never made it to becks & posh food blog favourite restaurants san francisco 2006

Favourite Restaurants/Bars, 2006
New This Year: Bar Crudo (5 visits) -*- Yield Wine Bar (countless visits)
New to Me: Coco500 (6+ visits) -*- Pizzeria Delfina (5 visits) -*- Piperade (3 visits)
Tried for the First Time (can't wait to return for seconds): Manresa -*- Boccadillos -*- L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon-*- Balthazar -*- WD50 -*- Babbo -*- Delfina
Perennial Favourites: Oola -*- Le Petit Robert -*- A16 -*- Zuni Cafe -*- Ti Couz -*- Just For You -*- Cafe Bastille -*- Moshi Moshi

Favourite Foodstuffs & Purveyors, 2006
Fatted Calf Petit Jambon, Bacon & Toulouse Sausages -*- St George Spirits & Hangar One -*- Will's Avocados -*- Petite Patisserie Tartlettes and Brioche -*- XOX Truffles -*- Citizen Cake Lemon Sandwich Cookies -*- Prather Ranch Meat -*- June Taylor Tomato Ketchup -*- Dirty Girl Tomatoes -*- Frisee & Cress from Star Route -*- Acme Levain -*- St Benoit Yoghurt -*- Michael Recchiuti -*- Marin Sun Farms Eggs -*- K & L Wine Merchants -*- Artichokes from Iacopi -*- Almonds from G. L. Alfieri Farms

Favourite Recipes, 2006
Bakewell Tarts -*- Parisienne Gnocchi -*- No Knead Bread -*- Philly Cheesesteak Turnovers -*- Artichoke Panzanella -*- Summer Pudding -*- Tomato Chutney -*- The Cooks Book

My Favourite Posts, 2006
How to trim an Artichoke -*- To Her Egg Master -*- Watch me Prepare a Dinner Party Almost Live -*- Everything I Ate for A Week -*- English Tea Party -*- Fairy Cakes -*- Dumb Design -*- Champagne -*- Eggstra, Eggstra! -*- Blogathon -*- Menu For Hope

My Favourite Friends, 2006 Food bloggers and non food blogger friends alike, thanks for enriching my life over the last year, I can't thank you all enough for being there for me through the ups and the downs.

My Family, 2006 To all those who started blogs: Mum, Beccy, Mollie and Dillon. To those without blogs, Dad and little Ben. To my dearest Fred, always by my side, I love you. And mostly to my beloved Granny who ended up in hospital two days ago with pneomonia and anemia for which she had to have a blood transfusion. Granny, I love you and I really miss you, I hope more than anything to be able to see you in 2007 and I hope you get out of hospital soon.

Happy New year, 2007, Everyone!



The Best & Worst of Food, 2006

23 Comments:

  • At 31/12/06 00:04, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy new year 2007

     
  • At 31/12/06 00:27, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very funny the photos !!
    Un peu de dérision est toujours bon ...
    Happy New year 2007

     
  • At 31/12/06 07:01, Blogger s'kat said…

    What a lovely summary! Have a wonderful new year.

     
  • At 31/12/06 07:25, Blogger Chanita Harel חני הראל said…

    I wish you a happy new year !

     
  • At 31/12/06 08:15, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whaaat? you don't think the picture of the extruding meat is pretty? lol!
    Happy New Year to you and Fred! May it be filled with food, friends and family.

     
  • At 31/12/06 08:21, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bonne année 2007

     
  • At 31/12/06 10:00, Blogger Catherine said…

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At 31/12/06 10:05, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope your Grandmother feels better soon.
    Happy New Year to you and Fred!

     
  • At 31/12/06 10:45, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy happy new year to you both. Meeting and spending time with you was one of my 2006 highlights. I know 2007 will hold many joys too. Best wishes to your granny for a speedy recovery.
    xoxo

     
  • At 31/12/06 11:21, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm voting for 2007. Let's make it a winner.
    Lots of love and best wishes to you and your family.
    Happy New Year!

     
  • At 31/12/06 15:20, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year Sam we miss you and will be raising our glasses soon. Hope to see you in 2007. love mum xxx

     
  • At 31/12/06 15:58, Blogger xtinehlee said…

    Happy New Year,Sam!

     
  • At 31/12/06 17:17, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year!

    - Chubbypanda

     
  • At 31/12/06 18:48, Blogger Tea said…

    I think your Artichoke Panzanella is one of my favorite tastes of 2006 as well. Took it to a party and those friends keep on asking me to make it again!

    A very happy 2007 to you, Sam, and I hope your grandmother is feeling better soon.

     
  • At 1/1/07 05:15, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A great wrap up! Have a very happy New Year!!!

     
  • At 1/1/07 09:36, Blogger wheresmymind said…

    I'm glad I didn't make your worst pix list!! lol

     
  • At 1/1/07 12:28, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bonne annee Sam! All the best for you!

     
  • At 2/1/07 00:38, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy new year Sam!

     
  • At 2/1/07 06:05, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy new year!

     
  • At 2/1/07 09:35, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year Sam. Your photo of the mincemeat inelegantly seeping out of a machine will haunt me forever...

    Hope your poor granny feels better soon.

     
  • At 2/1/07 22:06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree, thank you for the round-up and HAPPY NEW YEAR for 2007! Also, I'll be praying for your grandmother and her speedy recovery.

     
  • At 3/1/07 11:39, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year, Sam and Fred and family.

    Sam, the meat coming out of the grinder made me laugh out loud.

     
  • At 5/1/07 14:55, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bonne annee les amis !!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home