Thursday, July 27, 2006

Win a Box of delicious Food Goodies

We are trying to raise money to help Food Runners: Our Blogathon efforts are detailed here.


Blimey, it's hard work getting you lot to part with your money!

XX-hundred visitors a day, according to my site meter, and I have only managed to get 20 of you so far to pledge a donation. But what a fabulous, generous 20 readers you are, bringing the pledges to a total of $980, only $20 shy of my stage one $1000 target. I am overwhelmed by your generosity. Thank you, all of you, family, friends and strangers alike!

Chocolates, Jam, a Cookbook and more:
Now to the rest of you: I am greedy, I want your money for Food Runners! Please help me to raise even more. Your donation, however small, will go to a great cause. And now, as an extra incentive, I am offering a prize to tempt further donations. Everyone who non-anonymously pledges a donation to Food Runners via this Blogathon by 12 midday PST on Saturday 29th July 2006, including donators to date, will be entered into a draw to win a box of San Francisco Food goodies that I will pick up at the market on Saturday morning. This box will include, but not be limited to Scharffenburger Chocolate, Michael Recchiuti Chocolate, June Taylor Jam and The San Francisco Ferry Plaza Farmers Market Cookbook. Come shopping with me at 8am PST on Saturday morning to see what else goes in the goody box. The draw itself will take place on Saturday afternoon. Get your pledge in now to be sure to be in with a chance to have this fabulous prize sent directly to your door.

2006 blogathon 24 hours of blogging to raise money for food runners in san francisco on july 29th 2006

Thank you to all the fellow bloggers helping me spread the word by posting about my efforts on their own blogs:
Barbara at Winos & Foodies.
Meeta at What's for Lunch Honey. There is still time to sign-up today for Meeta's Blogger Postcards from the World event which I will be featuring during the Blogathon.
Andrew at Slashfood
Catherine's most adorable Lavender Cupcakes at Albion Cooks
Cookthink
And last, but by no means least. Kevin, whose take has to be read to be believed!
I was Just Really Very Hungry.
La Tartine Gourmande.
Alice Q Foodie
Muffin Top
Fanny Foodbeam et le 'lovely' Lapinou

Thanks to you and anyone else I might have missed from this list.

2006 blogathon 24 hours of blogging to raise money for food runners in san francisco on july 29th 2006

Remember! Anything you can give, however small, will help Food Runners to stop good food going to waste and help feed the needy in San Francisco.




Links, Resources and Further Reading

Please sponsor me to help Food Runners by Clicking here

Visit the Food Runners website.

Visit the Blogathon Website.

Thanks to Bakerina where I first found out about the Blogathon



Archive Alert! On this day in 2005: In time for tea - with Donna Hay



| | | |
Win a Box of delicious Food Goodies

14 Comments:

  • At 27/7/06 19:29, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    OK, you're at $1,000!
    xxx

     
  • At 27/7/06 21:14, Blogger Alice said…

    Looks like Cookiecrumb beat me to it, but you are now definitely above $1K! :D

     
  • At 28/7/06 04:02, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woo hoo! $1000! Good for you! I'm almost there myself.

    Good luck for tomorrow. I went to the market today to stock up on Blogathon food, so there will be much cooking at my place over the next day or so.

     
  • At 28/7/06 06:12, Blogger wheresmymind said…

    Hey...I'm with ya cool kid!

     
  • At 28/7/06 10:05, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck, Sam! I'll be grading papers all weekend (sitting in front of my computer), so I hope to take frequent breaks and keep you company in the comments.

    It looks like you're nearing $1500!!

    Oh, and FYI, the link at the top, the one that says "our blogathon efforts are detailed here" links to your front page. I thought maybe it was meant to take me somewhere else?

     
  • At 28/7/06 10:22, Blogger Sam said…

    As they like to say in America:

    "YOU GUYS ROCK"

    you really do, I can't thank you all enough.

    But please forgive me cos I plan to keep on pushing...

     
  • At 28/7/06 10:32, Blogger Sam said…

    Jennifer _ i guess your comment and mine were being written at the same time. Thanks for the headsup - I have fixed the bad link.

    sam

     
  • At 28/7/06 14:19, Blogger xtinehlee said…

    let's get you to $2,000! May your readers be as bighearted as you are a blogger.

     
  • At 28/7/06 14:30, Blogger *fanny* said…

    I wish you all the best Sam. WHat you're doing is fantastic; i wish i would have discovered it earlier...

    Courage et merde!

    PS im sure you'll easily get to 2000!!!!

    xoxo
    Fanny

     
  • At 28/7/06 17:52, Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said…

    You are welcome! Bon Chance with the fundraising! Will try to check in during the weekend.

     
  • At 28/7/06 18:07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go, Sam, go! Good luck tomorrow -- I know you will do brilliantly, and I look forward to seeing what transpires!

     
  • At 28/7/06 20:32, Blogger Cate said…

    Off to go pledge a donation for you. In the meantime, Tana had some really nice words about you here in case you missed them. I'll check in on you tomorrow -- good luck!

     
  • At 29/7/06 03:10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck for today!! I know it's a bit late but I made a posting to help advertise your event!

     
  • At 29/7/06 04:03, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck Sam I'll be checking you out periodically! Beccy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home