Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Blogging For Good



Blogathon Update
Please help me to help San Francisco charity, Food Runners

2006 blogathon 24 hours of blogging to raise money for food runners in san francisco on july 29th 2006
Food Runners:
Pick up - Smile - Drive - Deliver

The countdown to the 2006 Blogathon has started. There are only three days to go before I am due to either be blogging from my computer, or moblogging from my cell phone, for 24 hours non-stop*. My goal is to keep the blog interesting, in an attempt to persuade you, my good my readers, to sponsor my efforts and part with a little of your money for this very good cause. Thanks to acts of kindess, I already have pledges totalling $665. I am bowled over already by that but I would love to be able to help raise even more for Food Runners. Wouldn't it be fantastic to hit the $1000 mark?! I haven't completely nailed down the programme for the day yet, but the plans are coming together and will almost certainly include the following:

- an early-morning trip with me to the Ferry Building Farmers Market to do my weekly shop.

- making and photographing brunch at home. [I might ask for reader suggestions, kind of Ready Steady Cook-style]

- VIP: out and about with a real-life Food Runner! - I'll be on the truck with Keith, following the deliveries and reporting back, almost live, straight to this blog. I'll stay with him for as long as the battery on my computer lasts. I am so excited about being able to show exactly where the money we raise will be headed. Please keep your fingers crossed that technology doesn't let me down on the day!

- if they are on schedule, checking out a new wine bar due to open in my neighbourhood on Saturday.

- visiting the XYZ Bar at the W Hotel for a while, where a good friend of mine has chosen to celebrate her birthday.

- Keeping myself occupied with some quiet experimental cooking and or/molecular gastronomy in the wee hours. Nothing too loud - I won't want to disturb those who will be fast asleep.



[*updates at least every 30 minutes]

2006 blogathon 24 hours of blogging to raise money for food runners in san francisco on july 29th 2006

What can you do to help?

- If you can afford it, a donation pledge would be fantastic, thank you. If you leave your email address when making a donation pledge, [email which is only viewable by me], you will also be entered into a draw to win a box of some of my favourite San Francisco food goodies, mailed to your door, anywhere in the world.

- If you are a blog reader, then please encourage fellow Blogathon food bloggers, Bakerina, Fresh Food Fresh Blog, Lady Lunchalot and Renegade Kosher Cooking in their efforts too. All of us will be delighted to have commentors to keep us company, especially at quiet times of day and night. If there is a Blogathon Food Blog I am missing from this list, please let me know so I can add it. Hundreds of non-foodie bloggers are also taking part: check out them, and their chosen charities, here.

- If you are a blogger who couldn't commit to the 24 hours of non-stop blogging but still want to do your bit to help, then consider posting a report about the Blogathon event on your own blog to help spread the word. Thanks.




Links, Resources and Further Reading

Please sponsor me to help Food Runners by Clicking here

Visit the Food Runners website.

Visit the Blogathon Website.

Thanks to Bakerina where I first found out about the Blogathon



Archive Alert! On this day in 2005: Uncle Wiggly's good time cooking contest. Seriously!



| | | |
Blogging For Good

9 Comments:

  • At 26/7/06 06:01, Blogger wheresmymind said…

    Man...I think I'd be insane after 2 hours of straight blogging :)

     
  • At 26/7/06 10:09, Blogger Catherine said…

    This sounds awesome! I hope you make the $1K goal!

     
  • At 26/7/06 14:22, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck Sam I am looking forward to reading about your exploits. Hope the cash keeps rolling in, its agood cause.

     
  • At 26/7/06 14:51, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck Sam. I'm looking forward to your 24 hours of blogging.

     
  • At 26/7/06 18:38, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm in, Sam.

     
  • At 26/7/06 19:37, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck Sam. I also look forward to reading about your day!

     
  • At 27/7/06 10:09, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This looks like it is going to be a very entertaining day! Best of luck with the blogathon, I can't wait to read more, although I might be a little slow with any Ready-Steady-Cook kind of suggestions!

     
  • At 27/7/06 16:49, Blogger Sam said…

    wmm - i think you have to be insane BEFORE you even start the blogathon.

    thanks catherine - nearly there!

    thanks mum - and thanks for your donation.

    Barbara - you more than me at this stage, I think, I am beginning to get nervous. What if my computer fails?

    Tana - thank you

    Bea - cheers

    zhonghuarising - i'll try my hardest to make it interesting.

     
  • At 28/7/06 14:18, Blogger xtinehlee said…

    good luck! this is a very bighearted of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home