Blogging For Good
Please help me to help San Francisco charity, Food Runners
Pick up - Smile - Drive - Deliver
The countdown to the 2006 Blogathon has started. There are only three days to go before I am due to either be blogging from my computer, or moblogging from my cell phone, for 24 hours non-stop*. My goal is to keep the blog interesting, in an attempt to persuade you, my good my readers, to sponsor my efforts and part with a little of your money for this very good cause. Thanks to acts of kindess, I already have pledges totalling $665. I am bowled over already by that but I would love to be able to help raise even more for Food Runners. Wouldn't it be fantastic to hit the $1000 mark?! I haven't completely nailed down the programme for the day yet, but the plans are coming together and will almost certainly include the following:
- an early-morning trip with me to the Ferry Building Farmers Market to do my weekly shop.
- making and photographing brunch at home. [I might ask for reader suggestions, kind of Ready Steady Cook-style]
- VIP: out and about with a real-life Food Runner! - I'll be on the truck with Keith, following the deliveries and reporting back, almost live, straight to this blog. I'll stay with him for as long as the battery on my computer lasts. I am so excited about being able to show exactly where the money we raise will be headed. Please keep your fingers crossed that technology doesn't let me down on the day!
- if they are on schedule, checking out a new wine bar due to open in my neighbourhood on Saturday.
- visiting the XYZ Bar at the W Hotel for a while, where a good friend of mine has chosen to celebrate her birthday.
- Keeping myself occupied with some quiet experimental cooking and or/molecular gastronomy in the wee hours. Nothing too loud - I won't want to disturb those who will be fast asleep.
[*updates at least every 30 minutes]
What can you do to help?
- If you can afford it, a donation pledge would be fantastic, thank you. If you leave your email address when making a donation pledge, [email which is only viewable by me], you will also be entered into a draw to win a box of some of my favourite San Francisco food goodies, mailed to your door, anywhere in the world.
- If you are a blog reader, then please encourage fellow Blogathon food bloggers, Bakerina, Fresh Food Fresh Blog, Lady Lunchalot and Renegade Kosher Cooking in their efforts too. All of us will be delighted to have commentors to keep us company, especially at quiet times of day and night. If there is a Blogathon Food Blog I am missing from this list, please let me know so I can add it. Hundreds of non-foodie bloggers are also taking part: check out them, and their chosen charities, here.
- If you are a blogger who couldn't commit to the 24 hours of non-stop blogging but still want to do your bit to help, then consider posting a report about the Blogathon event on your own blog to help spread the word. Thanks.
Links, Resources and Further Reading
Please sponsor me to help Food Runners by Clicking here
Visit the Food Runners website.
Visit the Blogathon Website.
Thanks to Bakerina where I first found out about the Blogathon
|Archive Alert! On this day in 2005: Uncle Wiggly's good time cooking contest. Seriously!|
Food | Blogging | San Francisco | Blogathon | Food Runners Blogging For Good