Foodography 4 is announced
Celebrate the beginning of Spring, the rains have made vegetation vibrant and green, so it's time to give it your best shot. Get out those cameras and celebrate the most luscious of colours...
Today marks the launch of the fourth round of mine and Andrew's food/wine photography club challenge, , for food bloggers and food lovers. This month's theme gives you the opportunity to snap anything and everything food in shades from drab olive to bright Chartreuse.
Participants are invited to join our special Foodography 4 Flickr Group where photographs on the Green theme will be collected over the next six weeks for an automized roundup.
Here are the guidelines:
- Only pictures with a food related green theme should be added to : we will remove those that are not.
- You can't cheat like I did in the collage above, only pictures taken specifically for this challenge will be accepted. Any images taken or loaded to Flickr before April 1st 2006 will be deleted.
- Only three entries per person please. Edit your entries before you submit and choose to showcase just your three favourites on the subject. The challenge is open til mid May so there is plenty of time to experiment and play with the theme before uploading your top three images.
is generally open to constructive critique, to help us improve our food and drink photography skills.
- If you do not wish your entry to receive a critique enter NO CRITIQUE in the description. Otherwise, by default, you should expect critique from fellow members.
- If you are looking for critique, please initiate discussion about your own entry by adding your critique, to your submission. Outline what you like about your picture, what you were trying to achieve, what you think works and where you think there are areas for improvement.
- The challenge is to take a picture on a theme, not to pick one from an archive.
- was created for food bloggers but anyone who is into the idea is welcome to join in.
Previously on Foodography:
Foodography 1 - Oranges are not the only Fruit
Foodography 2 - Dairy
Foodography 3 - Tools of the Trade (open to submissions for another 2 weeks)
PS I would like to apologize to my regular readers for my lack of posting recently. Unfortunately my work hours have sky rocketed and I am currently working six day weeks and evening overtime which leaves me sparse time for anything else, let alone blogging. For anyone who is interested, I am still losing weight, albeit slowly. We are going away this weekend, our first whole 2 days off work together this year. Yes you heard correctly. After that we won't be coming up for air again until June. In the meantime, I promise to try and dip into Becks & Posh every now again with a foodie update for you all. I hope to collect some good dining material over the next couple of days. And whatever happens, I won't miss What's For Pud. I have already started some successful experiments with homemade jaffa Cakes. So, until some time in June, when I hope to return to more regular blogging, I thank you for your patience...