Sunday, June 19, 2005

Drinking Wine, Eating Meat and Blogs...

K&L Wine Merchants sent me an email entitled Special Interests Attempting to Limit Your Selection and Pocket Your Money outlining a bill that has been proposed in reaction to the US Supreme Court direct wine shipping decision that prohibited discriminatory legislation. Read more here...

I was reading through my weekly news letter from CUESA (Centre for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture) when I noticed mentioned in the Market Update Section In this week: Fatted Calf (Sat - for the first time!) As I was at work, I couldn't check it out myself, so I wondered if anyone else had the scoop. According to their website they will be there every Saturday from 7.30-2.30 am. I am not sure if I am delighted that I no longer have to drive to Berkeley on the dot of 10am, or whether I am kind of sad that I no longer have an overwhelming excuse to drive to Berkeley on the dot of 10am on a Saturday. I think I am going to miss that smug feeling I got from being one of the people bothered to make the journey from San Francisco for Taylor's meatalicious goodies. But I wish the best of luck to Taylor with bringing his brilliant products to a wider audience.

A while back, during my India, Curry & spice Week I bemoaned the lack of Indian Food Blogs. I recently came across a few I thought you might be interested in checking out. I know I'll be turning to these bloggers next time I plan to make a curry.
Indian Food Rocks
The Cook's Cottage
Mahanandi
Ndrai

Last but not least although it has absolutely nothing to do with food. If you live in San Francisco, you just have to check out my friend Michael's new politicalish blog, SF Civic Center. It's not in the slightest bit as dreary as it might sound. Not only is Michael cheeky, witty and opinionated, he also takes action. You'll see...



posted in and and and
Drinking Wine, Eating Meat and Blogs...

9 Comments:

  • At 19/6/05 09:39, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fatted Calf was indeed at the market. They say there'll be a two week hiatus, and then they'll be back (or maybe that they'll be there in two weeks). They didn't have the salumi that day, but they will in the future. Just rilletes, terrines, and duck confit yesterday.

     
  • At 19/6/05 20:54, Blogger Civic Center said…

    Ah, Miss Sam, that was the first and the sweetest link I'll ever have on the blogosphere. I also love the word "politicalish" and your explanation that it's not dreary as it sounds.

    Thanks again.

     
  • At 20/6/05 03:26, Blogger Rose said…

    Sam,

    I love the new signature. Very elegant touch.

    Rose

     
  • At 20/6/05 07:37, Blogger Sam said…

    derrick - this is good news - i have been working so many saturdays I haven't be to the FattedC in ages because it doesn't open til 10am in Berkeley. But I could easily go to work via The Ferry Building at 7.30 am in the morning (that would be the plan, in reality dragging myself out of bed that early to go shopping on the way to work wouldn't be so easy).

    Michael - I normally keep politics off my blog - but I have been enjoying your writing so much I couldn't resist giving you a plug. I hope you get some new fans via moi. I already sent Shuna and saw she left a comment. Jackson West knows about you too.

    Rose - thank you - the idea just popped into my head about a week ago. Originally it was just for one post but I think I have decided to keep it. It seems more personal to me

     
  • At 20/6/05 13:21, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the plugin, my blog traffic significantly increased in these two days.
    Btw, you are one pretty,cute girl.(photo in your post below)

     
  • At 20/6/05 22:39, Blogger Sam said…

    thanks Indira, but, unfortunatley for me, that picture was taken over 23 years ago!

    arrrgh - I've just scared myself

     
  • At 21/6/05 10:42, Blogger Owen said…

    Sam - if you ever venture into the far East Bay hinterlands (through the Caldecott Tunnel) toward Walnut Creek, we just had an actually good Indian restaurant open in Lafayette of all places. This restaurant has real Indian food that I wouldn't object to in England. It isn't so fantastic at Tandoori and Naan funnily enough but for curries it is the business.

     
  • At 21/6/05 10:44, Blogger Sam said…

    oh - go on then - give us a name please, owen

     
  • At 22/6/05 23:08, Blogger Owen said…

    OK - the India Palace - have to find an actual address

     

Post a Comment

<< Home