Saturday, February 11, 2006

Bay Area Blog of the Week # 32




No longer am I the only English-bred woman blogging about food in the Bay Area. I recently discovered a really new blog, Albion Cooks, by a writer, reviewer, mother, and booklover who loves to write about food and cooking. She grew up in England and now lives in Marin, California.

Catherine writes about vegetarian food, cooking, and eating experiences for the whole family. Check out her site here, say hello and please give her a warm welcome to the food blogging community. Thank you.




Previously Featured Bay Area Food & Drink Bloggers:
Blogher | Bay Area Bites | Hungry Hedonist | Mighty | Chez Pim | The Blue Bottle Clown College | The Novato Experiment | Amuse Bouche | Feeding Fashionistas | All In | Dr Five Pints | SF Gourmet | Small Farms | In Praise of Sardines | Life Begins @ 30 | Gastronomie | Confessions of a Restaurant Whore | Bunny Foot | Sweet & Savory | I'm Mad and I Eat | Yummy Chow | Nosheteria | Vivi's Wine Journal | Epicurian Debauchery | Food Musings | Pfiff | Marga's Food Blog | Where the Wild Things Are | Eggbeater


Archive Alert! On this date in 2005: A review of San Rafael Japanese, Tomoe, which has since, sadly, closed down.


| | | | | |
Bay Area Blog of the Week # 32

6 Comments:

  • At 11/2/06 08:29, Blogger Monkey Gland said…

    When I was staying in Santa Monica a few years back, some of the local population of Brits would refer to it as Santa Margate, simply due to the large numbers of expats clogging up the place. I'm wondering if your going to need something similar over there in San Francisco....

     
  • At 11/2/06 08:33, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I dropped by Catherine's blog but couldnt leave a comment as I'm not a blogger. So if she happens to read this The soup recipe looks good and just right for the cold weather we are having here in UK at the moment.

     
  • At 11/2/06 15:49, Blogger Catherine said…

    Sam - thanks so much for the mention!

    And thanks to Sam's mum for the soup comment.

    There are a lot of Brits around here, but sadly not a British food shop anywhere nearby. There's a good one in San Jose and a small one in Aptos. I rely on Cost Plus and family. Sam - any good sources in the city?

     
  • At 11/2/06 16:34, Blogger Sam said…

    Catherine - The Mayflower in San Rafael used to have a little shop down stairs where i used to get Angel delight and ribena.

    Mollie Stones in Greenbrae has a good selection in their ethnic aisle. More ribena, frys chocolate creams and hobnobs.

    Even SR United Market used to have a small selection.

    Also some English chocolate in Bevmo in SR too.

    In the city I have been to my local British store British shop in Potrero Hill. It is what I would call "charming". They have an online shop too.

    Next time I need something British I want to try You Say Tomato which looks like it has a load of good stuff!

    Hope that helps

    Monkeey Gland - the reputatuion of the Brits in Santa Monica is legendary. On my first visit to the US in 94, my host kept telling me about the English Pub there where you can buy marmite. But as I was on vacation I had to pointedly remind him I hadnt come all the way across the Atlantic to hang out in the Brit pub on my holiday!

     
  • At 11/2/06 21:55, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the tip, Sam!

     
  • At 12/2/06 08:40, Blogger Catherine said…

    Thanks, Sam!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home