Saturday, August 27, 2005

Bay Area Blogger of the Week #20


We will not be using any buzzwords here,
but we will be sure to get a buzz on


photograph picture the logo from san francisco gourmet blog


This week I bring to you Dr Five Pints, who I didn't get to meet properly at the recent Foodbloggers' Picnic and I have since been kicking myself. I had never even really heard of the Dr before the picnic, so I went to check out his blog and see what he was about. When I did, I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me. He is crazy about Dutch Ovens. Really. It's not a common thing in the Bay Area so I am intrigued by the unlikliness of it all. Dr 5 P's entered a Dutch Oven Contest up in Oregon at the beginning of August. You just have to check out the post titled Oh, oh, the Wells Fargo Wagon is uh... which is currently the second one down the page. (Five Pints' permalinks seem to be broken). Dr Five Pints and his lady walked off with first prize for dessert, second prize for bread and people's choice for cleanliest camp. Overall they won second place. Marvellous stuff. A whole new world of opportunity. Check him out and don't forget to say hello...

Previously Featured Bay Area Food & Drink Bloggers:
SF Gourmet - Small Farms - In Praise of Sardines - Life Begins @ 30 - Gastronomie - Confessions of a Restaurant Whore - Bunny Foot - Sweet & Savory - I'm Mad and I Eat - Yummy Chow - Nosheteria - Vivi's Wine Journal - Epicuran Debauchery - Food Musings - Pfiff -Marga's Food Blog - Where the Wild Things Are - Eggbeater


posted in + +
Bay Area Blogger of the Week #20

5 Comments:

  • At 27/8/05 09:55, Blogger Monkey Gland said…

    Isn't a Dutch Oven something that happens under the duvet after a curry? ;-)

     
  • At 27/8/05 13:23, Blogger Guy said…

    Yup, I have to chime in and say Five P. has been a lot of fun. There's a slice of that man that cuts like a razor when countered. The fun factor is high, yet he's got both feet on the ground and can do what he did with the dutch oven cookoff. He and I jacked in mostly because we're nearly in the same neighborhood and have been frequenting the local restaurants for years.
    Five P and a gaggle of local goofs attended a local Mexican restaurant that's been in play since the late 1940s, an incredible place. Here's my rendition, you'll catch Pints Five doing the Pim Shot:

    http://www.cyberbilly.com/meathenge/archives/000872.html

    Pints of Five totally deserves this recognition.

     
  • At 27/8/05 21:05, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is fascinating, when I consider that Clotilde is writing on her Paris blog about her cocotte and I thought,
    "Hmmm -- I use a doufeau," (an enamel
    cast iron pot that's round instead of oval) and we're all talking about cooking in HEAVY duty equipment that has been used for centuries....Let us all put this together with being conscious of our sources and try some slow food cooking for a change.

     
  • At 27/8/05 21:07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is fascinating, when I consider that Clotilde is writing on her Paris blog about her cocotte and I thought,
    "Hmmm -- I use a doufeau," (an enamel
    cast iron pot that's round instead of oval) and we're all talking about cooking in HEAVY duty equipment that has been used for centuries....Let us all put this together with being conscious of our sources and try some slow food cooking for a change.

     
  • At 28/8/05 11:38, Blogger shuna fish lydon said…

    Dr. Five Pints, ironically, is my new favorite person.

    "There's a slice of that man that cuts like a razor when countered." Dr. Biggles
    and this is my favorite sentence.

    It's great that you've featured him! I think that we will need to have a fall food bloggers picnic and we will need a demonstration of his Dutch Oven Baklava!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home