Monday, May 25, 2009

Asparagus Season Ends

Holding back a foodie tear,
No more asparagus until next year.

picture photograph image pasture raised eggs and asparagus 2008 copyright of sam breach

Local Resources
Asparagus from Zuckerman's Farm
Eggs from Soul Food Farm
Butter from Clover Organic Farmstead

2008 | Opentable Diners' Choice
2005 | The Ramp
2004 | The Slow Club

© 2009 Sam Breach
Asparagus Season Ends


  • At 25/5/09 21:36, Blogger Jocelyn:McAuliflower said…

    three cheers for seasonality!

    ...though you could pickle some. :)

  • At 25/5/09 21:39, Blogger Sam said…

    too true - I could have if I had been organised enough to note it would be the end. Next year maybe I should do that, Jocelyn - thanks for the tip.

  • At 25/5/09 23:03, Anonymous Genie said…

    But what a lovely way to bid them adieu...that photograph is just gorgeous!

  • At 26/5/09 03:21, Anonymous Sandra said…

    Lovely Asparagus!
    And I love the photos, gorgeous.. ;-))
    W la cucina!

  • At 26/5/09 05:43, Blogger Pille said…

    Lucky me - it has only began here in Estonia :) Had my first asparagus dish only last Friday!! (But of course, i had to wait much longer than you...)

  • At 26/5/09 06:33, Blogger Lisa said…

    Quite sad - now we have to wait so long. Great photo!

  • At 26/5/09 11:16, Blogger Real Food, Real World said…

    Ah, perhaps I won't lament my slow to arrive New England spring, then...we've still got asparagus here. But you're well into the loveliness of summer produce, while I sit with my asparagus and wait, so I suppose it evens out.

    Gorgeous photo!

  • At 26/5/09 13:49, Blogger Zoomie said…

    I still have one bunch in the fridge - hoarding them!

  • At 26/5/09 14:02, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :) Maybe this is an opportunity for you to try a new ingredient. :D


  • At 26/5/09 14:25, Blogger ChrisB said…

    That photo is perfect-we had asparagus last week. Dad was given a bunch from a work mates garden.

  • At 26/5/09 14:37, Anonymous leslie said…

    i bought the last of the season this weekend
    it s a very sad time, some things i get tired of b4 the season ends, but never asparagus!
    beautiful photo

  • At 26/5/09 15:35, Anonymous foodcreate said…

    Love Asparagus great dish!
    Thanks for sharing:)

    and you can visit me if i can visit you:)



Post a Comment

<< Home