Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Simple Saturday

Eat Local Challenge Day 18
(Read What & Why I am Doing This Here)


 

Breakfast Day 18
Plain Yogurt [source: St Benoit] with Sage Honey [source: Marshall's]

Lunch Day 18
Grilled Cheese on Homemade Wholewheat, Variation #1 [source: Andante], Shallot [source: Dirty Girl], a slice of Mortadella [source: Boccalone]. Salt

Snack Day 18
I couldn't resist the ripe end of a large log of Cavatina, my new favourite cheese [source: Andante],

 
My Fred can't get enough of Boccalone's Mortadella. I like it a lot too, but in smaller doses; it's a rich luncheon meat!

Dinner Day 18
A quick dinner, at local locavore favourite, Piccino, where I shared a mozzarella, tomato & tapenade salad with Fred followed by a large steaming bowl of leek, potato & parmigano soup which I had all to myself. Dessert at home, 'Heavenly Honey Ice Cream' made with Milk & Cream [source: Straus] and Sage Honey [Source: Marshall's] Salt

Drinks Day 18
Tap Water, Tea (1 Cup + 1 pot)



Code:
100% Local ingredient
Local Artisan using mostly local ingredients
Local Artisan using non-local ingredients
Californian
Totally Un-local
Pre-declared exempt
Restaurants which focus on local produce





© 2008 Sam
A Simple Saturday

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home