Saturday, August 02, 2008

Potato Salad Jambon Persillé

Jambon Persillé: a rich and gelatinous ham terrine with a liberal smattering of parsleypicture photograph image ALT 2008 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/ For the longest time, and because of a very tempting recipe for "Ham & Parsley Terrine" by Marcus Wareing in 'The Cooks Book' I have been meaning to make just that. Of course, 'meaning to do' and 'actually doing' are two very different things, so when I noticed that the Fatted Calf would be selling Jambon Persillé this weekend, I made sure to put in a order for some.

The Fatted Calf's Taylor suggested I simply serve it on levain and wash down with a bottle of Burgundy. This sounds like the kind of idea I can live with and I might yet still try his suggestion later in the week.

For today, however, I wanted to incorporate it into a salad for a simple lunch on a warm day. The Jambon Persillé is bold and salty so I tempered it down by mixing it with warm, diced potatoes and a perky vinaigrette made with real French Dijon and Sherry vinegar before mixing it with a tangle of peppery rocket leaves. The Frenchman seemed to be rather taken with the result. So much so, he is now taking a nap.

Next time we plan on adding a few cornichons, capers and shallots into the mix too. That should wake him up.




QUESTION OF THE DAY graphic copyright sam breach
?How do you eat your Jambon Persillé?

Local Resources
The Fatted Calf
David Little Potatoes
Star Route Arugula
Bariani Olive Oil

Archives
2006 | Eggstra Eggstra
2005 | Looks like Sludge taken from Shrek's Swamp

© 2008 Sam Breach
Potato Salad Jambon Persillé

8 Comments:

  • At 2/8/08 16:47, Blogger Kitt said…

    "Of course, 'meaning to do' and 'actually doing' are two very different things ..."

    Sing it, sister.

    I'd love to have some of that jambon. And a nap.

     
  • At 3/8/08 00:49, Blogger Beccy said…

    Looks and sounds pretty good to me.

     
  • At 3/8/08 02:18, Blogger ChrisB said…

    also looks good to me, we are planning on digging some of our potatoes today hope they will be OK.

     
  • At 3/8/08 03:41, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Taylor's suggestion sounds like the kind of idea I can live with too! I think adding shallots, capers and cornichons is definitely the way forward but then I have a problem trying to resist adding those to everything - at least 1 (probably 2 jars in fridge right now).

     
  • At 3/8/08 21:09, Blogger Manger La Ville said…

    This looks delicious, well so does the BLT. It was great of you to check out my blog. Maybe I will see you next week at the Ferry Building. Your blog is beautiful, your pictures amazing...Just incredible. One of my new favorites.
    Keep in touch
    Abby
    or
    MangerLaVille

     
  • At 4/8/08 09:44, Blogger Flo Bretzel said…

    Jambon persillé, green salad, baguette and of course a good bottle of red Bourgogne!

     
  • At 6/8/08 07:31, Blogger Jane said…

    looks lovely to me too. yum.

     
  • At 4/9/08 08:23, Blogger Jeanne said…

    Looks fantastic, Sam! I may have to juggle the ingredients a bit, but I am definitely going to make somethign very like this!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home