Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dancing Croissant for Every Winner!

How Quickly Can You Work This One Out?




This is a Puzzle - a question, problem, or contrivance designed for testing ingenuity - so there are no clues except for me to suggest that you have your volume turned on.

Stick with it: Be patient and solve the puzzle and you will rewarded with some tres charmant entertainment.


Of all the personal games I have built using the Sims Carnival Tools, this one, Ooh-La-La-La!, is the game I most proud of. Unlike the other games I've embedded in this blog, which have largely been re-skins of already-existing games made by other people that I personalized by simply swapping the art, Ooh-La-La-La! is a game that I built from scratch using the Game Creator programing tool. My inspiration for building this game was Hoshi Saga 2 by Nekogames, which you should really check out, because they are a beautiful way to lose track of some time.

Today's puzzling game should be enough to keep you all occupied whilst I head away from the web towards Europe where I'll be hanging out in Portugal for a week with my family, some of whom I haven't seen for over two and a half years. When I return I hope I'll have some tales of fresh sardines, Leite-creme and, hic, Portugese wines...



PS. If you would like to play the game (encore) against the clock and compete for stardom on the High Score Table then you'll need create a Sims Carnival account and play the game on the host site. I wish I had the high score on my own game but the truth is that there are three people so far who are faster than me. Pah!

PPS. Other games I have made using Sims Carnival:
Bloomin' Marvellous
Flower Power
Vegetal Quiz
Menu Match Madness

Archives
2006 | Farmer Brown & Coco500
2005 | Bread from the Avoca Cafe Cook Book


© 2008 Sam Breach
Dancing Croissant for Every Winner!

27 Comments:

  • At 21/6/08 18:22, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Didn't really figger anything out yet. but I played some cool tunes!

     
  • At 21/6/08 18:35, Blogger Fun Food Eater said…

    Cool game!! Keep em coming ;-)

    And enjoy your trip to Portugal!

    :-)

     
  • At 21/6/08 18:42, Blogger Fun Food Eater said…

    oh yes....nearly forgot...CONGRATS for getting inducted into the Blogs of Note!!!

     
  • At 22/6/08 01:20, Blogger jued keigh said…

    i loved the dancing croissants at the end, but i think the cork/coin was cuter. hee.

    it was really fun. :)

     
  • At 22/6/08 06:48, Blogger William Wren said…

    thanks for the games great idea

     
  • At 22/6/08 10:48, Blogger Chris said…

    I don't get it :(

     
  • At 22/6/08 14:09, Blogger Isabel Maia said…

    Let me warn you that the weather in Portugal isn't going to be very good. A bit cloudy, temperatures around 24ºC. But I hope you'll enjoy your visit to my country, Portugal :)

     
  • At 22/6/08 14:25, Blogger Unknown said…

    Dormez-vous? So clever! Thanks to my ancient Mrs. Kyle - music teacher to all us chillun!
    Blessings,
    Dina
    Congratulations on your nomination!!

     
  • At 22/6/08 16:19, Blogger High Power Rocketry said…

    Fun : )

     
  • At 22/6/08 17:45, Blogger wheresmymind said…

    me mac ain't likin' this too much! lol

     
  • At 23/6/08 03:54, Blogger christina said…

    Its cool !!!I really enjoyed it....Good work!!!
    give us more!!!!

    Regards
    Aban jogeo
    Admin
    [Edufive.com]
    Seminar topics ,Study Abroad, Study online

     
  • At 23/6/08 04:45, Blogger maria said…

    Enjoy your Portuguese holiday - i'm sure the weather will help, it has been truly amazing lately...

     
  • At 23/6/08 09:50, Blogger Nina said…

    hey, awesome blog!

    i'd love some feedback on my own, thanks!

    http://halfapersonblog.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 23/6/08 11:54, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fun, great idea!

     
  • At 23/6/08 13:15, Blogger nancy said…

    lol. That was fun. Took me a good 10 minutes to get it all and I had to keep starting over, but I finally got it!

     
  • At 23/6/08 14:54, Blogger Michele said…

    I give up. I spent 15 mins on this. I am assuming that I have to get the can-can music to play but I am at a loss as to which items will make that happen and in which order.

    You really should post some more hints now.

     
  • At 23/6/08 19:13, Blogger Irene Rexlee said…

    wow this is the 1st time I saw games create in a blog, although I dunno how to play but it seem cool..^o^..

     
  • At 24/6/08 09:37, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting. I did't figure it out completely, but I'm sure I was pretty close. Keep on keeping on...

     
  • At 25/6/08 04:32, Blogger Andi said…

    great

     
  • At 26/6/08 02:35, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What if I can't have my volume on? As on work...

     
  • At 26/6/08 17:36, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    I couldn't play at all. Mac.
    I'll try again.

     
  • At 27/6/08 01:10, Blogger Sam said…

    sorry cookie - I don't think it is the Mac's fault. I am on a Mac too and it works fine. I have OS X.4 and use Fifrefox but I tried Safari and it worked there too.

     
  • At 27/6/08 11:19, Blogger Hey There! I'm Amanda! said…

    LOVED this! So clever. Love your site...

     
  • At 28/6/08 11:55, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First I played the birthday tune, lol. But it's such a smart idea. I got it right away Wonderful, keep them coming

     
  • At 28/6/08 13:15, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay, solved it! Though, I recognized the tune as a Danish one, and not something I'd ever thought of as coming from anywhere else.. but of course it does ;-)

     
  • At 30/6/08 18:46, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I only solved it because I read your commenters. It's adorable! Ca c'est Paris!

     
  • At 1/7/08 18:58, Blogger Lalalauren said…

    That took me an hour and a half cause for the longest time I thought it was twinkle twinkle little star and then I thought DUH France! So cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home