Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Story Unfolds: Animated! Cookie Tray


picture photograph image ALT 2008 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/

Yesterday I posed a 'What Am I' mystery object challenge. Many of my readers clearly already know about this wondrous little gadget. For those of you who were in the dark, I hope with this little animation I prepared, it all becomes clear.

I picked this tray up at Lovejoy's Tea Room for the reasonable price of $18. Lovejoys, for those of you who don't know, is a quirky little teashop in Noe Valley with mismatched china where you can enjoy an afternoon tea of little sandwiches, scones, fruit, crumpets and cake. It's really fun - one for the ladies. Out of the six of us who met there on Sunday, half of us also went home with one of those darling unfolding cookie trays...




Other Resources & Further Reading

Lovejoy's by The Grub Report


Featured cookies are Nibbly Whole Wheat Butter Cookies from Alice Medrich's Pure Dessert.

Other Nibbly Butter Cookie Fans:
Not Derby Pie
101 Cookbooks



© 2008 Sam Breach
The Story Unfolds: Animated! Cookie Tray

17 Comments:

  • At 29/4/08 08:30, Blogger ChrisB said…

    It looks quaint!!

     
  • At 29/4/08 08:37, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're so cool. LOVE the animation.

     
  • At 29/4/08 10:14, Blogger Ced said…

    It's so cute! Would never have guessed what it is.

     
  • At 29/4/08 11:36, Blogger Kitt said…

    Boy, was I way off! That's adorable. I love the animation. Perfect use of Internet technology!

     
  • At 29/4/08 21:05, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOVE Lovejoy's! Love the tray. Fabu purchase.

     
  • At 29/4/08 22:14, Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said…

    Very cool! (Both the animation and the tray.) Will have to keep that place in mind for a future trip to the City.

     
  • At 30/4/08 09:58, Blogger Almost Vegetarian said…

    This is exactly the sort of thing I totally would leave the store with, then spend the rest of my life doing nothing more exciting than dusting it until, finally, I would sadly part with it at a garage sale.

    Sigh. I need more storage space.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 30/4/08 10:25, Blogger Aaron Kagan said…

    Looks like it could also be used as a quite stylish mousetrap.

    www.teaandfood.blogspot.com

     
  • At 30/4/08 11:24, Blogger Wheeler's Frozen Dessert said…

    That's so cool! The animation is awesome.

     
  • At 1/5/08 06:23, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool Sam. This would make a nice YTMND.

     
  • At 1/5/08 08:09, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh the animation is so adorably cool!

     
  • At 1/5/08 08:28, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH MY GOD!!! You have solved a big family mystery. My grandmother passed away last summer, and I inherited her silver, including this object that for the past six months none of us have been able to figure out. Add to that the fact that the middle tray was stuck vertically and it looked for all the world like...

    - a wierd tortilla holder? Hmmm...not for a 99 year old Jewish lady...
    - A mutant napkin holder? Only for circular napkins...

    No one could make head or tail of it. But now the mystery is solved. I forcibly pushed out the middle tray, and voila - a cookie tray! Yeah......!!!

     
  • At 1/5/08 09:01, Blogger Sam said…

    Diane - your comment is the icing on the cake ! So pleased to have helped you solve your mystery.

    Thanks everyone else for all the kind comments.

     
  • At 3/5/08 07:31, Blogger Mama Mia said…

    how did you do that!?!?!?!

     
  • At 5/5/08 13:33, Blogger Sam said…

    A tripod, a still camera and photshop CS3 to put them all together as an animated gif

     
  • At 6/5/08 16:40, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh MY! I live down the street from this place and have never been there - I must get one!! I hope you did not clear out the store! ;)

     
  • At 28/5/08 08:00, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cute animated gif.
    This foldingvtray has been on my Wish-list for sometime... looking at your gif unfolding it made me even more certain I want it...!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home