Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Publishing My First Book

picture photograph image ALT 2008 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/
picture photograph image ALT 2008 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/
picture photograph image ALT 2008 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/
It might not actually have been my first book, but it's the first one I've published for the world to see. It contains a dreadful double-negative that renders it senseless as well as a mind-boggling spelling error. And don't even get me started on my drawing skills: Fred thought it was a picture of a smirking mother lunging towards her terrified children with a huge knife. Can't he see the pancake (crepe) hurtling up towards the lampshade? It's a frying pan, for goodness sake, not a knife. I have no idea how old I was when I wrote it, but I'd guess I was 10 or less. Happy pancakes every body!




QUESTION OF THE DAY graphic copyright sam breach
?Do you have a pre-Lent custom?


Other Resources & Further Reading
Pancake Day 2007
Pancake Day 2006
Pancake Day 2005

Archives
2007 | Samanda 1: Cooking a Fancy Dinner at Home
2006 | To Her Egg Master
2005 | The Ferry Plaza Wine Merchants

© 2008 Sam Breach
Publishing My First Book

14 Comments:

  • At 5/2/08 07:14, Blogger La Tartine Gourmande said…

    Ahahahh, so cute Sam! Treasures when you find them, and remember.

     
  • At 5/2/08 07:39, Blogger Pille said…

    Happy Shrove Tuesday! And it's a cute book indeed :) uest, eh :)

     
  • At 5/2/08 08:36, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    who was the valentine for, sam? ;-)

     
  • At 5/2/08 08:46, Blogger ChrisB said…

    Sam how odd that, when I was tidying my cookery book shelves earlier today , I should have found a couple of Beccy's school cookery folders~ no pancakes in hers! I am still debating whether or not to make pancakes tonight!

     
  • At 5/2/08 11:27, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cute book - and well written! I learned something new.

    I don't celebrate Lent - so never had to worry about what I was giving up...but always wanted to go to Mardi Gras.

     
  • At 5/2/08 11:41, Blogger Bron said…

    Aaaaawww so sweet Sam, I still have my first book too, but it's about my ol' dog, not pancakes.
    We had our crepes on Monday, oh ok.. yes and last night too, they are just too yummy!

     
  • At 5/2/08 12:27, Blogger Tea said…

    That is utterly adorable, Sam! What a cutie you must have been. Any photos to go along? You know, a headshot of the young author:-)

    Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 5/2/08 13:06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my lordy that is too damn cute! And yes I knew it was a pancake!

    Happy Fat Tuesday! Not that we give up anything for Lent in our household but Fat Tuesday is a tradition I can seriously get behind....

     
  • At 5/2/08 17:21, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Oh, jeez, Chris, do the pancakes! Lemony!

     
  • At 5/2/08 18:36, Blogger claire said…

    Whilst your spelling mistake may be mind-boggling, it is also utterly adorable! :)

     
  • At 5/2/08 20:10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you, but I'm with Fred ... at first glance I thought it was a mother with a knife. :)

     
  • At 5/2/08 20:12, Blogger Sam said…

    well - I've already made the batter, so when it comes to cooking it I am going to get my big chef's night out and see how fred and all his supporters like it then, huh?! HUH!

     
  • At 6/2/08 04:45, Blogger Beccy said…

    I was out for lunch yesterday and missed out on pancakes!

     
  • At 6/2/08 07:24, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sweet, Sam - hope all is well. kx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home