Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cherry Clafoutis - Not For The Frenchman

A Happy Bastille Birthday to my favourite Fred!

picture photograph or animated gif 2007 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/

The other evening I was in a baking mood and as I had some cherries that needed to be used up I decided (among other things) to make a Clafoutis. Home from work before Fred, I had already started on my culinary projects when he arrived. He asked me what I was doing. "I am making Clafoutis", I replied, hoping he would be a little excited. Instead he wrinkled up his nose and pulled what I shall politely call a 'negative face'. I was surprised. "But you have been telling me for all these years that your mother made the best Clafoutis in the world", I announced, desperately. "She does", he replied, "That's what everyone says, but I never actually liked it."

Now he tells me.

Thank goodness for hungry work colleagues, that's all I can say.

Bon Anniversaire Fred!




Archives
2006 | To My Favourite Frenchman
2005 | Bon Anniversaire & Joyeux Jour de la Bastille!
2004 | Fred's 40th in Paris

PS I just found a birthday Message to Fred from my mUm


© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh",
Cherry Clafoutis - Not For The Frenchman

11 Comments:

  • At 14/7/07 08:38, Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said…

    Happy Birthday Fred! That looks great Sam, what recipe did you use? I also have some cherries that need to be used, and was thinking about using Tartine's recipe - if I can get around to it before they are too far gone.

     
  • At 14/7/07 08:45, Blogger Sam said…

    Yes I should add that I used the recipe from The Produce Bible - a book that wrote about recently but to be honest it wasn't the best recipe I've tasted for clafoutis, then again I dithered on the instructions according to a slight lack of some ingredients so it could be my fault (I only had half and half so I used that instead of cream and milk, and I used raspberry liqueur because I didn't have kirsch.

     
  • At 14/7/07 09:24, Blogger Delphine said…

    Happy birthday Fred

    This is such a sweet story Sam.

     
  • At 14/7/07 10:41, Blogger ChrisB said…

    Happy Birthday again.
    Sam that looks pretty good to me.

     
  • At 14/7/07 12:16, Blogger Charlotte said…

    Double 14 Juillet felicitations to Fred!

     
  • At 14/7/07 19:22, Blogger Zoomie said…

    Happy Birthday, Fred. Sam, your Clafoutis looks terrific! I made my first one just a week or so ago and loved it! And Happy Bastille Day, too; my blog sends good wishes to tous les Francais today!

     
  • At 14/7/07 23:54, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday to Fred!

     
  • At 15/7/07 03:09, Blogger Beccy said…

    Fred is so funny!

     
  • At 16/7/07 05:15, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday wishes to Fred!
    God I love men, they're so upredictible... and always quite funny!
    I made my first clafouti recently with a mix of sweet and sour cherries. I was so thrilled! It's like a giant pancake.

     
  • At 16/7/07 12:53, Blogger Padma said…

    Belated Happy B'day Fred, I know I didn't tell this before, I am a huge fan of your blog and a secret visitor, today I am making it public, coz now I have my own blog to feel proud of. This is juz the begining, though not so 'posh blog' as urs ;)
    Sam that recipe is amazing...I love cherries

     
  • At 18/7/07 17:46, Blogger Chubbypanda said…

    Lol. There's a great French restaurant on Sunset in LA named "Clafoutis" that you should take him to the next time you're down here. He might enjoy the food, if not the dessert.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home