Monday, June 04, 2007

Wide Angle on a Kara's Cupcake

Fred plays with his new lens

picture photograph or animated gif 2007 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/
Modeled by Ms Raspberry Dazzle


I am really not a big cupcake fan, but this one from Kara was actually ok by me. I don't care much for such an outrageous amount of buttercream myself, but when it is such a delicate, pretty pink with a sniff of raspberry, I can grant it forgiveness.


Local Resources
Kara's Cupcakes Website

Archives
2006 | Food Art at the New York MoMa
2005 | Can the English Make 'Champagne'?



© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh", becksposhnosh.blogspot.com This RSS Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, or at the aforementioned url, the site you are looking at might be guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact becks.posh.food.blog[AT]gmail[DOT]com to report any suspected violations. Thank you.
Wide Angle on a Kara's Cupcake

17 Comments:

  • At 3/6/07 23:13, Blogger Dagny said…

    I am trying my best to show some restraint but I am suddenly overcome with the temptation to lick the screen. Yet another place to try out this summer.

     
  • At 3/6/07 23:15, Blogger Pamela said…

    I'll eat your buttercream then. No point it getting wasted.

     
  • At 4/6/07 01:29, Blogger shuna fish lydon said…

    mmmmm 42 ways of purdy.....

    sweet indeed.

     
  • At 4/6/07 05:15, Blogger Renee said…

    What lens is he using? I love to get those nice closeups with background blured too.
    rj

     
  • At 4/6/07 08:25, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Do you have to eat the penny on top too?

     
  • At 4/6/07 09:04, Blogger nicole said…

    Oh, the yum. This is reminding me I really need to get down there and check that place out, finally ...

     
  • At 4/6/07 10:44, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    we do cupcake birthdays in the office, it's always a double treat when they're from kara's. the carrot cake is amazing, the frosting is oozilicious.

     
  • At 4/6/07 11:28, Blogger foodette said…

    looks good to me - I love a cupcake; it just seems more fun to have my own individual cake.

     
  • At 4/6/07 12:49, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a beautiful photo and cupcake! mmmmmmm so cruel to flaunt like this!!

     
  • At 4/6/07 13:47, Blogger meathenge said…

    Uh, you're right. That cuppy cake there is worth having a bite of.

    Ain't new toys great?

    Biggles

     
  • At 4/6/07 15:24, Blogger ChrisB said…

    Lovely photo hoorah for boys toys! but way too much buttercream for my taste.

     
  • At 4/6/07 15:38, Blogger Sarah Bell said…

    Hmmmmmm, I like the large amount of buttercream myself. Tempted to lick the screen!!

     
  • At 4/6/07 17:47, Blogger Chubbypanda said…

    Awww... I want a new lens. Darn Fred. *mutter mutter*

     
  • At 4/6/07 22:06, Blogger Barbara said…

    Forget the cupcake. What's the lens?

     
  • At 6/6/07 01:32, Blogger Culinary Cowgirl said…

    Hmmm...I think I could dig into that cupcake with no problem! Great shot.

     
  • At 6/6/07 07:37, Blogger Sam said…

    Ok - so the cupcake is long gone - frosting and all - but the lens is a keeper. It's a Sigma 10-20mm 1:4-5.6 DC HSM.

    I'd like to point out that I can get my whole fist in my mouth, but I can't get a whole Kara's cupcake in my mouth ;)

    Thanks for all the comments everybody!

     
  • At 9/6/07 07:12, Blogger Unknown said…

    Aww, not a cupcake fan? My feelings are hurt ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home