Thursday, June 07, 2007

Cake to Order from Petite Patisserie

Any Way You Like It

picture photograph almond cake in marzipan bt petite patisserie copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/
It's one thing to go into a Bakery and choose a cake that physically takes your fancy but it takes a small leap of faith to order a cake when you have no idea what the result will be. I went ahead and made a special order anyway, an Almond cake from Petite Patisserie's tempting menu of flavours. I had no idea what it would look like, even, but I wasn't disappointed. It was simply pretty, understated and delicate.

I chose layers of dense almond cake sandwiched together with pastry cream and fresh strawberries robed in tender marzipan. Just how I imagined I would like it. And I did. The dozen or so colleagues I shared it with seemed impressed too. My cube was a very popular place at 3pm yesterday afternoon. Which flavour would you have chosen?



Petite Patisserie Organic Bakery
1415 Eighteenth Street
San Francisco CA 94107
415 821 9378


Local Resources
Petite Patisserie's sticky little walnut tarts
Previously on Becks & Posh
Petite Patisserie Website

Archives
2005 | David Bowie Cake Circa 1983



© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh", becksposhnosh.blogspot.com This RSS Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, or at the aforementioned url, the site you are looking at might be guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact becks.posh.food.blog[AT]gmail[DOT]com to report any suspected violations. Thank you.
Cake to Order from Petite Patisserie

16 Comments:

  • At 7/6/07 09:47, Blogger foodette said…

    I think I would get the buttermilk cake with butter cream frosting. I wish I could have it now - is it wrong to want cake for breakfast?

     
  • At 7/6/07 09:51, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that sounds delicious......i may make a trip out to the mission and treat myself to a breakfast cake (of course it's not wrong to have cake for breakfast)....

     
  • At 7/6/07 10:28, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Talking about petite patisserie, just saw your recommendation of it in 7x7 (by way of Ryan's covers). Congratulations!!! Nice pic. Is it a creme brulee tart or a walnut tart?

     
  • At 7/6/07 10:40, Blogger shuna fish lydon said…

    as far as I'm concerned, foodette, it is never wrong to want cake for breakfast.

    knowing what I know & having eaten Rachel's amazing cakes, I would have eaten just about anything except buttercream. And I might have just said, "I'll have what Sam's having." {I have that thing for marzipan too!}

    I hope that all of June will bring you birthday puddings! Happy happy days all around!

     
  • At 7/6/07 11:24, Blogger ChrisB said…

    Cake looks good and I'm sure it tasted wonderful but we'll never know!! I'd probably have chosen something chocolate.

     
  • At 7/6/07 12:07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness I'm right with you on the almond/marzipan. I want to move to SF now!!

     
  • At 7/6/07 14:19, Blogger JEP said…

    any of the chocolate cakes or the pistachio

     
  • At 7/6/07 15:32, Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said…

    I will have to amke more than one trip, but I think I might just start with the pistachio.

     
  • At 7/6/07 18:31, Blogger Dolores said…

    Like the chocolate lady, I'd have to make more than one trip. My first selection would be your almond cake, filled with lemon curd and blueberries, topped with either whipped cream or marzipan.

     
  • At 7/6/07 18:49, Blogger Dagny said…

    The blanc de blanc definitely has my name all over it.

     
  • At 7/6/07 19:42, Blogger FaustianBargain said…

    belated birthday wishes, sam.

     
  • At 7/6/07 19:44, Blogger FaustianBargain said…

    p.s: pistachio or hazelnut or almond(in that order) would have been my choice..

     
  • At 8/6/07 02:06, Blogger Barbara said…

    Coconut and mango for me.

     
  • At 8/6/07 03:52, Blogger Julia said…

    Which one would I have chosen? ALL of them!

     
  • At 8/6/07 06:49, Blogger wheresmymind said…

    Understated and delicate beats globby and overdone anyday of the week!

     
  • At 9/6/07 20:53, Blogger Chez Us said…

    I discovered this wonderful baker last year at a couple weddings - definitely the BEST wedding cakes I have ever eaten! I have never wanted seconds on wedding cake, until I had a bite of this sinful cake - melts in your mouth and your heart goodness!!!! This reminds, I must go to their bakery soon!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home