Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Your First Stop For Restaurant Reviews

Poll Results Are In:

 http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/

This poll ran between 11am on March 25th and 8.30 am on March 28th, 2007. The top three results are even as far as I am concerned. There is no clear winner here. I would have expected the results to skew slightly in favour of food blogs so I suspect running the same poll in a non-food blog location might have put Yelp and Newspaper Critics in more of a clear lead.







© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh", becksposhnosh.blogspot.com This RSS Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, or at the aforementioned url, the site you are looking at might be guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact becks.posh.food.blog[AT]gmail[DOT]com to report any suspected violations. Thank you.
Your First Stop For Restaurant Reviews

2 Comments:

  • At 28/3/07 17:24, Blogger Douglas Cress said…

    I agree, "mainstream media" still has a stranglehold on the review space.

    Most people I talk to don't even know what a 'food blog' is - of course, in the community of food lovers, the percentage is markedly higher.

    I'd posit that many individuals first stop at Google. CitySearch and Yelp (and more established media) still dominate search engine.

     
  • At 28/3/07 21:49, Blogger Vicki said…

    I read about 60 blogs regularly, but my first source for reviews is Google, since they'll encompass all my favorite blogs plus Yelp etc. However, I give more weight to the blog reviews, since they're typically more detailed, not just something like "the service was poor, but the pakoras were good".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home