Monday, March 05, 2007

Dining Out for Life at Acme Chophouse

to Benefit the STOP AIDS Project

picture stopaifs.org via sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/
Join me on April 26th, 2007 at ACME Chophouse in San Francisco where I will be working for the evening as an Ambassador promoting Dining Out For Life, raising money for STOPAIDS.org an organisation who raise awareness that HIV transmission can be prevented.

On April 26th, ACME Chophouse promise to donate 25% of the money diners spend on food to this worthy cause.

If that is not a good enough reason to jump straight to Opentable to make a reservation, let me explain why ACME Chophouse might be exactly the kind of restaurant you've always wanted but perhaps, until now, didn't know existed.

Do you care about local and sustainable foods? Do you care that your meat hasn't been pumped full of hormones? Do you want to be sure you are not eating 'spent dairy cow'? Do you feel better when you know that the meat you are eating was humanely treated during its lifetime? Would you like the chance to eat grass fed beef in a restaurant setting? Do you like steak?

If the answer to any or all of these questions is yes, ACME Chophouse can deliver all of this and more. Chef de Cuisine, Thom Fox is passionate about the local economy, supporting local businesses, sustainability and animal welfare and the way he serves food at ACME Chophouse reflects these values. Fox believes we "need to change the way we purchase food, not from the top down, but from the bottom up".

Now is the time to help both Fox achieve his vision and STOP AIDS achieve theirs.
It's my job to persuade you to join us in supporting this cause. I hope to greet you at the door of ACME Chophouse on April 26th. If you decide to join us, and I do hope you will, please introduce yourself and say hello. I look forward to meeting you.





© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh", becksposhnosh.blogspot.com This RSS Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, or at the aforementioned url, the site you are looking at might be guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact becks.posh.food.blog[AT]gmail[DOT]com to report any suspected violations. Thank you.

Labels:

Dining Out for Life at Acme Chophouse

5 Comments:

  • At 6/3/07 07:35, Blogger Anne Coleman said…

    I wish I could be there. I will say "Thank you" for your part.

    My youngest brother is living with full-blown AIDS. Anything that we can do to help spread the word and lessen the incidence of this is a truly wonderful and selfless effort!

     
  • At 6/3/07 09:46, Blogger ChrisB said…

    sam I'm sure you will get lots of support as the blogging community tend to be very generous when asked to support a worthwhile cause.

     
  • At 6/3/07 13:33, Blogger Amy Sherman said…

    Count me in! I hope to see lots of other readers and food bloggers too.

     
  • At 7/3/07 23:01, Blogger Dolores said…

    Count me in as well -- hoping to make a "girl's night" of it!

     
  • At 10/3/07 13:24, Blogger Sam said…

    Hi Anne - i am very sorry to hear about your brother and I am happy to be able to do something that might prevent other people suffering in the future.

    mum - they have already rallied together. i thin there will be at least 20 bloggers and friends at the dinner.

    Amy - thank you - I think it will be quite a party there that night.

    Culinary Curious - thank you - I really look forwward to meeting you and your girl friends in April

     

Post a Comment

<< Home