Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Potrero Hill - Petite Patisserie Update

Tender is the Tart

Since I had the opportunity to sample a stunning box of pastries and bag full of broiche from Petite Patisserie at the weekend, I thought it was only fair to update my earlier announcement about their opening.

And because it is kind of related, and if you like French-style baked goods, - read my friend Del's description of her discovery of a perfect croissant right here in San Francisco, at Delissio.





Petite Patisserie 1415 Eighteenth Street, San Francisco 415 821 9378
Delissio 1695 Market Street, San Francisco, 415 552 5559

| | | |
Potrero Hill - Petite Patisserie Update

4 Comments:

  • At 17/10/06 13:59, Blogger Delphine said…

    Looks perfect, I'll have to give it a try, definitely!

    I hope the Delessio croissant will pass the Fred test.Crossing fingers!

    (and many thanks for the link)

     
  • At 17/10/06 22:51, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The perfect croissant, better than Delanghe, better than DeLessio, better than Tartine (my previous top 3, in that order) can be found at:

    Arlequin cafe and wine shop, next to Absinthe in Hayes Valley.

    Since it is close enough from DeLessio, I suggest you pick one up there when you perform the Fred test with DeLessio.

     
  • At 18/10/06 09:40, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your post reminds me of the tour my brother and I got of the bakery part of Patisserie Payard (New York) a few years back.
    I recently started skipping the 'Pain au Chocolat' at my local Whole Foods as they tend to be 'overcooked' to put it nicely.

    Take care

    Serge
    Blog:
    http://www.sergetheconcierge.com

     
  • At 21/10/06 12:01, Blogger Sam said…

    Del & Ced - one of these days I mean to do a comparative crossant taste test!!!

    thanks for the tips

    serge - i just can't abide chocolate in a croissant. I have some wierd aversion to breand and chocolate together although spearately i love them both more than anything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home