Thursday, August 31, 2006

today is blogDay 2006

5 new blogs for you to check out:

2006 blogathon 24 hours of blogging to raise money for food runners in san francisco on july 29th 2006

"BlogDay was initiated with the belief that bloggers should have one day which will be dedicated getting to know other bloggers, from other countries or areas of interests."


Today, on 'sharing the love' BlogDay, I recommend you check out the following blogs from outside of the foodblogosphere:

Kitchen Contraptions
This blog is dedicated to nifty kitchen appliances. It's a great resource which has already inspired me enough that I bought a birthday gift for a friend after first seeing it on this blog. Definitely a good way to keep abreast of stylish new products, as well as those that seem a little bit unnecessary.

Non Dairy Diary
I have already mentioned my friend Del's blog several times before, but just in case any readers missed the previous links, the time to enjoy her charming illustrations is today. Let me tell you that as you might expect Del, a French woman, loves her food, and although she is not a food blogger per se, you will find vegetables and fruits popping up all over her blog in the cutest ways imagineable.

NopSir.org
This is the group blog of our LA-based friend, Matthieu, his son Barthélémy and some other members of his family living in France. Although it is written in French, the amount of text you'll see there is minimal, this blog is mainly about thought-provoking photography (rarely food), and we all know that sometimes pictures can speak louder than words, whatever language they are written in.

Dagny's Empire
Fellow, just-turned-40 Bay Area resident, Dagny, who "looks good in a tiara" (I can relate to that), is currently a teacher who describes herself as a "former party girl". She does not write a food blog, but I think she loves to read some of them and she sometimes writes a little about food. If you read Dagny regularly, you might consider that she hasn't actually stopped partying just yet.

Woolgathering
I love to check into this charming blog daily to see the illustrations of Elizabeth Perry. Again, this one is not a food blog, but food is sometimes the subject of Elizabeth's art.

If it's still the 31st August as you read this, it is not too late to take part in Blogday 2006 yourself. Once you've procrastinated a while reading my own suggestions, above, why not post your own list of blogs to check out. Leave a link in the comments section here if you like and I am sure I will waste a huge amount of my day have no end of fun checking them all out.



PS Thanks to Chef Paz for encouraging food bloggers to take part in blogDay today.

PPS I have been getting some blog love today too, which makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside. Thanks Tanya!


Archives | 2004: Tuscan Risotto 2005: 'I am Sam' Welsh Rarebit

|
today is blogDay 2006

9 Comments:

  • At 31/8/06 08:39, Blogger wheresmymind said…

    Oh man...my sites probably would be super lame if I listed them! lol

     
  • At 31/8/06 09:22, Blogger Delphine said…

    *^_^* blushing

    Thank you Sam ,and thanks for the new links to read, too!

     
  • At 31/8/06 09:38, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    blushing itou :)
    thanks Sam !
    This blogday is whenever we want right ?
    then i'll send the lift back
    bisoux m

     
  • At 31/8/06 11:07, Blogger Anita (Married... with dinner) said…

    More love for Sam, from us:
    http://marriedwithdinner.com/archives/199

     
  • At 31/8/06 13:44, Blogger Catherine said…

    great sites! thank you.

     
  • At 31/8/06 17:43, Blogger MizD said…

    Hey Sam -- great list. I spent a fine afternoon exploring Non Dairy Diary last time you mentioned Del's site. I'm glad she's featured again!

    Also -- I stopped by to post a link to my list, but I see it's already up, automatically, since I linked back here! Love that!

     
  • At 31/8/06 17:47, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Oi! Shibby!

     
  • At 31/8/06 18:55, Blogger Dagny said…

    Sam, thank you so much for the mention.

     
  • At 1/9/06 11:53, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam -- Thanks especially for introducing me to woolgathering. It's a beautiful site and I'm happy for another inspiration for my own woolgathering, which I do aplenty.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home