Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Chef Becks & Posh:

A Big Shout goes out to Tim, aka as Gibby!

photograph picture of sam wearing her new becks & posh chef's hat

Earlier, I received an extra-special belated birthday gift from the person I bemoan most on this blog. Poor Tim, or Gibby as he is sometimes also known, is the person I squarely place the blame on, for my starting this mularky in the first place. Yes, it's all his fault, like I said a million times before (yesterday, I think was the last time). I didn't even know what a blog was before he came long and literally changed the path of my life for me, by suggesting I start this 'thing', now lovingly referred to, in some quarters, as Becks & Posh.

Today Tim sent me this chef's hat, emblazoned with the name of my blog, as a gift. And I was really touched, because it was such a thoughtful, relevant and humorous present. Perhaps it was a hint? You see, it has been a while since I last hosted him for a "Teaching Tim" cooking lesson. He's always very popular with my female readers. Check him out here and there then let me know if you want him back for more. I'll see if I can persuade him to make a return appearance.

Thanks Gibby, I've missed you!!!




Archive Alert! On this day in 2005: Utensibility: your favourite kitchen utensils!


| |
Chef Becks & Posh:

8 Comments:

  • At 12/7/06 23:44, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwwwwww...

    Sammie! I am glad you like the hat!

    Cooking with Tim needs to happen soon!
    Maybe your readers can come up with an essential meal for me to learn?? ;)

    Gibby

     
  • At 13/7/06 04:40, Blogger Elodie said…

    Me I want !
    But I'm living in France, so I couldn'r come. Watch a picture of Tim is not so unpleasant !

     
  • At 13/7/06 05:23, Blogger wheresmymind said…

    I only wish the hat was in pink..then it'd be perfect :)

     
  • At 13/7/06 09:44, Blogger Dive said…

    Sam,

    I don't know if you've mentioned it a million times before, and I imagine it's a fairly common question, but....

    What's with the name "Becks and Posh"?

    Is it a reference to David Beckham and Posh Spice (whatever her name is)? And if so...

    Why?!

    Inquiring minds NEED to know!

    xoxo,

    k.

     
  • At 13/7/06 12:28, Blogger Catherine said…

    That's very sweet! Lucky you!

     
  • At 13/7/06 17:24, Blogger KT said…

    Awww ... very cute!

    Maybe next should be baking with Tim. He can learn a dessert to serve after he makes dinner with his newly acquired skills.

     
  • At 14/7/06 07:05, Blogger Rachael Narins said…

    Very cute hat! Love it.

    As for Tim, well, bring it on...

     
  • At 17/7/06 13:58, Blogger Sam said…

    gibby - but what do YOU want to learn?

    elodie - I will see what i can do

    WMM - ha - like the idea

    Kevin - it is explained in the title banner of my website and it has always been there. So look above :)
    (Becks & Posh are indeed david beckham and posh spice)

    catherine - yes, lucky moi!

    KT - I'll have to ask him if he's a sweet kind of guy.

    Rachael - do you think he looks like a movie star, perhaps ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home