Sunday, July 09, 2006

Blogathon: 24 Hours of Blogging for "Food Runners"

Please help me help Food Runners relay food to the needy:

2006 blogathon 24 hours of blogging to raise money for food runners in san francisco on july 29th 2006
I hereby solemnly promise to do everything in my power to blog for a full 24 hours without stopping* as part of the 2006 Blogathon on July 29th. In return I am asking my wonderful readers to please help me to help Food Runners, a San Francisco Charity that collects surplus perishable food from restaurants and delivers it to the people who need it the most, by sponsoring my marathon blogging effort. I am not quite sure yet what shape the 24 hours of blogging will take, but I promise to try and make the adventure as interesting as I can. Your support is much appreciated and I hope you will join me on July 29th.

Thank you



[*updates at least every 30 minutes]

Links, Resources and Further Reading

Please sponsor me to help Food Runners by Clicking here

Visit the Food Runners website.

Visit the Blogathon Website.

Thanks to Bakerina where I first found out about the Blogathon



Archive Alert! On this day in 2005: The Simple Joys of Summer



And on this day in 2004: Afternoon tea at Laduree, Paris, France


| | | |
Blogathon: 24 Hours of Blogging for "Food Runners"

11 Comments:

  • At 9/7/06 21:55, Blogger NS said…

    A great event for a great cause -- you can certainly count on my support!

     
  • At 9/7/06 22:04, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam you've got me thinkin'. There's got to be some way I can do this too.

    Either way, I've sent my support!

     
  • At 9/7/06 23:41, Blogger deborah said…

    sam ... fabulous idea. i'm thinking i should do something local too. you have my support!

    how is fred feeling after the game? what happened to zidane i wonder...?

     
  • At 10/7/06 07:41, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm in Sam! This is a great idea and a great cause. Organizations that help alleviate hunger are my favorite charities. There's one in St. Louis that I contribute to annually. It's called Food Outreach and they provide nutritional support to people w/ AIDS.


    Good luck w/ your effort!

    Bruno

     
  • At 10/7/06 11:11, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Every 30 minutes? 24 hours?
    I'm in if you get a Webcam!
    :D

     
  • At 10/7/06 11:47, Blogger Rachael Narins said…

    Oh Sam, this is so wonderful. I signed up to (wait, what have I gotten myself in to?) Thank you!

     
  • At 10/7/06 19:53, Blogger Cate said…

    So tempting...

     
  • At 10/7/06 21:42, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck Sam. I'm sure it will be an interesting day.

     
  • At 11/7/06 13:30, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Sam! You're Blogathonning! You can count on my support -- stay tuned for further updates on your member page -- and I will definitely be there to wave and cheer you on and send you comments of increasing incoherence as the night wears on.

    We should really get some heavy-duty chocolate to keep us awake. :)

     
  • At 12/7/06 09:33, Blogger Sam said…

    NS - thank you very much - I hope to come up with something interesting.

    Jennifer - thank you - if you join we can have a network through the night.

    Saffron - thanks - let me know if you sign up. Have you read that great British newspaper "The Sun" and their take on the incident? They employed lip readers! Fred told me that Zizou is preparing to make a statement. We will see...

    Bruno - thank you. I have also been doing work for local Aids charities off the blog over the last few years too.

    CC - we do have a webcam but I am not sure how to hook it up to blogger. I will look into it. I have mo blogging for sure.

    Rachael - I am glad you are in too!

    Cate - tempted to sponsor me? That would be great.

    Barbara - I hope I have an interesting day. I had better make it so.

    Bakerina - I dont think this will please you - I like hot marmite drinks to get me through the night ;)

     
  • At 12/7/06 09:39, Blogger Sam said…

    PS - a huge thank you to oeveryone who has pledged to sponsor me so far!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home