Friday, October 21, 2005

Quick Sound Bites: Apples (& Bacon)

Dealing with Gluts

Listen here to Rose Prince as she talks to BBC Radio 4's Woman's Hour about food gluts in the UK. Not only will you be charmed by those fine British accents, you will also find out about Apple Snow (a traditional English pudding, not in the American sense of the word), quince jelly and other seasonal reasons to celebrate Autumnal food.

PS. Please excuse the current lack of more original postings on this blog. Despite driving around town trying find hotspots from which to publish to my blog from my laptop, I was unable to upload any pictures. Normal service will resume as soon as my technical issues are ironed out.

Quick Sound Bites: Apples (& Bacon)


  • At 21/10/05 23:00, Blogger farmgirl said…

    Nice try, Sam, but I have let the cat out of the bag. We all know what has really been going on.

  • At 22/10/05 09:16, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a lovely way to start the morning. And guess what I'm having for brekkie, thanks to Mill Valley Market's sale on Hobbs applewood bacon? Yum!

  • At 25/10/05 08:14, Blogger Sam said…

    Farmgirl - how vcould I blame you for keeping me away from my blog.

    Anonymous. But did you fry the apples and serve them with the bacon too?
    That's what I want to try!

  • At 25/10/05 09:24, Blogger Sarah (the headhunter) said…

    Ah, quince jelly. I haven't had that in ages and ages. In fact, the last time was in the late 70's when we lived in Sacramento. My mother made jars and jars of it from a huge basketful she found at a farmer's market. I still remember the clear orangey-pink, honey sweet goodness slathered on any type of bread I could get my hands on. How I miss that treat. I haven't seen a quince in the years. Time to find out how I can get my hands on a few.

  • At 25/10/05 09:45, Blogger Sam said…

  • At 7/11/05 11:39, Blogger Sarah (the headhunter) said…

    Thanks for the link, Sam! I stared at the screen, slobbering all over myself for a good half hour. =)


Post a Comment

<< Home