Saturday, August 13, 2005

Bay Area Blogger of the Week # 18

photograph picture of becks and posh blog rollIn honour of the 'Blog Local' Challenge, Every Bay Area Food Blogger on my blog roll is being featured this week. I spent a little time updating my links. Because there are so many foodish bloggers in San Francisco and nearby, I decided to categorize the blogs for easier indexing. It also clears up some space on my blog roll which was getting a little unwieldy. If anyone thinks they have been misrepresented or that they should be in a different category to the one I chose for them, please let me know and I will try to sort something out.

For bloggers outside of the Bay Area, please note, I do plan to incorporate pull down menu blog rolls for the rest of my blog roll, but it is such a tedious task, there is only so much of it I can do in one day. Now I deserve a nap...


Locavores August Eat Local Challenge 2005

PS Heidi from 101 Cookbooks will attest I need this nap. We bumped into each other at the Farmers Market this morning and I guess I looked so rough, hiding behind my sunglasses, that she didn't even recognise me!



posted in and
Bay Area Blogger of the Week # 18

11 Comments:

  • At 13/8/05 20:56, Blogger Jennifer Maiser said…

    wow - the dropdowns are so organized. awesome!

    my market o' the day was berkeley. wasn't sure i could deal with the d-r-a-m-a that can be the ferry plaza.

     
  • At 14/8/05 07:38, Blogger Sam said…

    It's ok if you get there early.
    Did you manage to get any of the local bread?

     
  • At 14/8/05 08:39, Blogger Jennifer Maiser said…

    By the time we were motivated to get going it was about 11.00 and that's when I decided to go to Berkeley instead of FP. I didn't get the local bread - missed it by about 10 minutes. He only made 10 loaves, but I think he's going to make more next week.

    I did get his normal whole wheat bread - delicious. I wish he were at the FP.

     
  • At 14/8/05 09:26, Blogger Amy Sherman said…

    You should consided doing this for your archives too. More space, more space, more space.

     
  • At 14/8/05 10:01, Blogger Sam said…

    Hey girls - what are you all doing online right now? Aren't you all meant to be slaving over hot stoves creating delcious goodies with which to feed me with this afternoon?????
    :)

     
  • At 14/8/05 17:14, Blogger deborah said…

    Hi Sam,

    I view your blog on Firefox at home and the drop down categories worked well. Great job! Love your dedication

    However I popped onto my friends PC and she works with Windows 2000, and Explorer - the drop down categories dont work at all. Thought I'd let you know incase some of your readers use Explorer or 2000 to access blogs.

    Other blogs who use categories seem to work fine on Explorer and Firefox.

    If you would like a screen shot let me know and I'll email it to you.

     
  • At 14/8/05 20:15, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Didn't work for me on Safari OR Firefox (Mac). Poo.

     
  • At 14/8/05 20:27, Blogger Sam said…

    hey guys - thanks for the heads up
    i am going to take it over to food blog scool and see what's up.
    thanks for the heads up.
    i dont understand this kind of stuff, for sure!

     
  • At 14/8/05 20:51, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Sam, I am completely mistaken. I was clicking on the screenshot, not the sidebar. It works. (Wow!)
    xoxo

     
  • At 14/8/05 23:16, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam -

    Doesn't work for me, either. I'm on an XP machine, running IE 6.0.

    Off to pass out, now. Food coma set in hours ago, but I still had to stomach a piece of birthday cake.

     
  • At 15/8/05 19:42, Blogger Rose said…

    Sam,

    I really like the dropdowns. Except the font color is very light on my machine...I can barely see the words. Is this just my machine?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home