Sunday, June 05, 2005

Wrapping up the Quiz and Tiebreaker.

photograph picture Becks & Posh Blog 1st Birthday Candle Quiz Question 7 was in three parts:
Who do I blame for telling me how to start a blog and sending me down this crazy blogging path? The answer to this question was either 'Gibby' or Tim. You may remember him from my Teaching Tim series. Hopefully we'll get him back in the kitchen for another lesson soon. I know he is a favourite with some of my young female readers.
Which restaurant did I visit for my first ever review? Sushi Groove South.
Which seven languages did we use to toast each other during our dinner? sante, prosit, salud, skol, Kam Pai, Gom Bay and cheers.
French, German, Spanish,Swedish/Danish/Norwegian/Icelandic Japanese, Chinese(Mandarin), English.

The tiebreaker question was: How many hours and minutes (to the nearest quarter of an hour) of overtime did I work during the week ending May 15th. This guess should be the number of hours above and beyond my regular 45 hour week. The answer was 35. Our winner Ced who also got every question right was remarkably close with the answer of 36 and a quarter. Congratulations to Ced. He and the runners up have all now received their prizes.


posted in and
Wrapping up the Quiz and Tiebreaker.

3 Comments:

  • At 5/6/05 22:00, Blogger Ced said…

    Sam,

    thanks again for the prize!
    FYI, I used it for local food books: the zuni cookbock and bertolli's chez panisse cookbook. Also MFK Fisher's art of eating, and her traduction of Brillat-Savarin's Physiology of Taste. Maybe you'll let me guest post about them after I read them.

     
  • At 6/6/05 06:56, Blogger Ang said…

    Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 6/6/05 07:17, Blogger Sam said…

    Ms L-C - that was the worst week at work since i arrived in the US 4.5 years ago. It was my first 7 day week here. I do get paid extra for OT. In ENgland I used to work 7 day weeks all the time without any OT at all so it is not so bad.
    What is bad is that I am just about to enter another 4-week period of over time hell. Oh gooddy...

    Ced - A guest post is a great idea! Love it. Enjoy them and can't wait to hear what you think.

    Angie - thank you (you too). Angie and I share the coolest, most devillish birth date of the century.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home