Sunday, March 27, 2005

Fairy Cakes

*NEWS FLASH* new to Becks & Posh 2006, a recipe for fairy cakes can be found here.

I wanted to make Fairy Cakes for last Wednesday's Is My Blog Burning, which had a cupcake and muffin theme. As I was travelling, I wasn't able to do so, but my little Irish niece, Mollie made some for me instead. She is only eight years old and she made them almost entirely by herself. Mum just helped her divide the mixture into the cases. She actually baked them on Wednesday. I was recovering from food poisoning and they were the only thing I was able to eat on my lightning trip to Ireland. Thanks Mollie!

Burma Superstar


My friend Del over at Non Dairy Diary has asked for us to post March Fairys on our blogs, so I hope Mollie's fairy cakes will be a slightly unusual entry for that too.

I loved these cakes. They tasted fairy fairy fine indeed!
Fairy Cakes

6 Comments:

  • At 27/3/05 04:37, Blogger santos. said…

    charming and enchanting! mollie's fairy cakes are lovely.

    i hope you are feeling better....

     
  • At 27/3/05 08:30, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How sweet and charming! Perfect fairy tale.
    Thanks Mollie.


    I hope you're feeling better.

     
  • At 27/3/05 09:50, Blogger Ziz said…

    Those are darling!! :)

     
  • At 27/3/05 16:53, Blogger Niki said…

    What happened to give you food poisoning? It wasn't that yummy looking blue cheese, was it?

     
  • At 27/3/05 20:48, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is really cute. I think Mollie has a bright baking future ahead of her.

     
  • At 28/3/05 12:36, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam - that is a real fairy tale... so sweet. I hope you're feeling better now...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home