Monday, March 28, 2005

The Battle Continues...

SMS exchange between Europe and the USA:
24-March-05 02:34 From: Sam
I have been really ill with food poisoning. I was throwing up all night. Feel better now. I am in Ireland. x

To: Sam From: Fred
See! English food! Bisous

Burma Superstar

Regular readers of this blog might remember that Fred and I sometimes have disagreements about English Food. I am always having to fight to stick up for it. But we don't seriously argue, its only good humoured banter. Having just arrived back from a week in the UK and Ireland, I have lots of posts ready to write about my food experiences over the last week. I hope you'll join me over the next few days whilst I try to unravel some of the differences between American and British food culture.

Maybe you'll even be able to help me work out exactly what it was that gave me food poisoning..?
The Battle Continues...

4 Comments:

  • At 28/3/05 09:30, Blogger Guy said…

    Mmm, food poisoning. That doesn't sound like a heck of a lot of fun.
    Do English people wear cowboy hats when they grill meat outside?

     
  • At 28/3/05 11:01, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's not food poisoning, it's a virus going around...I was sick sick sick last week and a lot of people are too.


    It's not the English food! Yahoo!

     
  • At 28/3/05 13:43, Blogger Guy said…

    Hey Beccy,

    Are the English & Irish wearing more than a smile? Or is the smile it? Cause if that's all they're wearing, they got me beat. Dang.

    Biggles

     
  • At 29/3/05 10:22, Blogger petite said…

    mmm well it definitely can't have been the hot cross buns. that just couldn't happen. impossible. food of the gods.

    and if you had fish and chips it can't have been that either.

    in fact, are you sure it wasn't something you picked up on the flight over. nasty reheated tray food is bad for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home