Thursday, December 23, 2004

Schott's Food & Drink Miscellany

If you are still looking for a Christmas gift for a foodie friend, consider, if you will, Ben Schott's amusing, enlightening and entertaining little book.



I picked one up for a Secret Santa party, but ended up keeping it for myself. Described as a snapper up of culinary trifles this gem covers a wide variety of food-related subjects that will keep you amused for hours.

Check out an example page here

If you are interested, I was running a little competition to win a copy. Check our my previous post about The Secret Stash of Foie Gras for details of how to enter. The draw will finish at 12.00 midday, December 25th PST.


This book can be purchased through Amazon

For Your Consideration Becks & Posh has been nominated for best restaurant reviews and best new blog in the 2004 Food Blog Awards.
Schott's Food & Drink Miscellany

2 Comments:

  • At 23/12/04 15:50, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dang, you guys sure write a lot. What you don't sleep? Or work? Your pace scares & confuses me. I attempted it today, along with everyone else on the planet. I did finally, later on this afternoon, make to the Berkeley Farmer's Market at Shattuck & Rose. My stuffed pork shoulder roast was waiting for me, yay. It's a tiny little place and really busy. They even had the fresh salmon people going full steam. Yum. I dropped a knife off to Eric the Knife Guy, it needs A LOT of work, handle shrinkage. Poor thing. Too many people, I'm going to sneak home now.

    Tootles

    Biggles / http://www.meathenge.com/

     
  • At 23/12/04 16:53, Blogger Sam said…

    Biggles!
    We just got back from the farmers market, thanks to you! (Sorry we missed you there!)
    We were really looking for saucisson sec but they ran out :( So we have some duck rillettes and boudin blanc with chestnuts and duck demi glace instead. I name-dropped Meathenge and they slipped a free gift of their ?Corsica? sausage into the bag. We just got home and it's already gone. It was delicious. Fred who has never had a good thing to say about American-made charcuterie was pleasantly suprised. We now have high-hopes for trying some other stuff in the future. Thank you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home