Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving Treats, Part 2

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Another successful item we made to sell at Monday's Candies, Sweets and Thanksgiving Treats bake sale to raise money for the AEF/BCEF was Spicy Cranberry Chutney. I used the very easy recipe in the Fall 2004 Edition of Eating Well magazine.

chutney

I bought some cute little terrine jars from The Container Store which cost $2.29 each and some darling little porcelain condiment spoons from Crate and Barrel at $0.95 each. The spoons have a very convenient hole at the end of the handle which delivers the perfect excuse to tie them to the jar with a colourful ribbon. Before I cooked them I took and printed a 4x6" glossy close-up photograph of the cranberries which I cut into 4 and used as a label (with the ingredients listed on the back with a fine permanent marker).

Unfortunately I only bought 4 of each container, even though it turned out that I made enough of the chutney to fill 8 jars. (I guess I did my maths wrong!) I sold the jars at $8 each and they went very quickly, so I wish I'd made more. Fortunately, I managed to sell the rest (less exotically packaged in a GLAD container) to some friends for their Thanksgiving Dinner, making another $5 for the good cause.
Thanksgiving Treats, Part 2

3 Comments:

  • At 25/11/04 08:15, Blogger Amy Sherman said…

    You are so crafty! Wait till Martha sees what you're up to...Happy Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 25/11/04 08:33, Blogger Sam said…

    Oh shit!
    Hope this isnt a sign I'm going to end up in jail.
    (although i hear it does do wonders for one's business)
    Enough of this Thanksgiving mularky already
    I'm escaping to Vegas...

     
  • At 25/11/04 09:06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Sam! Those look lovely!And great move with the mini cranberry relish business! Cheers and happy day! Viv

     

Post a Comment

<< Home