Wednesday, October 27, 2004

San Francisco Chowhound Picnic

Picture of the Day # 16

Chowhound Picnic Link

dessert 9

click on the picture to enlarge.

I am not 100 per cent certain, but I think this is Arroz con Leche
San Francisco Chowhound Picnic


  • At 28/10/04 11:10, Blogger Del4yo said…

    Sur, on dirait du riz au lait...

    I should make a print of your picture for Presd, he loves it so much that he almost locked the fridge to be sure of keeping his safe...Can you imagine that of Presd?

  • At 28/10/04 12:24, Blogger Sam said…

    Maybe you could make some little sisters for the baked-bean lemmings from it.

    The way i see it - the Baked bean lemmings were little boy-Lemmings, but the Arroz con Leche are little girl lemmings who like synchronized swimming.

  • At 28/10/04 14:45, Blogger Del4yo said…

    You made me laugh so much that I cried and ruined my make up. Synchoronize swimming arroz con leche wohao

    Thanks :D

  • At 28/10/04 15:07, Blogger Sam said…

    Check out the charming little illustrations at Del's website. There's a new illustration every week day. I wouldn't be suprised if the Arroz con Leche turn up there sometime in the future. This site is great if you are trying to improve your French like I am because much of it is written in that language. I love Del's illustrative work. Hopefully we'll be doing some blog collaborations in the future. I've planted some ideas in her head, now I just have to get my act together and write the stories to inspire her...

  • At 28/10/04 19:13, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, that's my arroz con leche. Although from that angle it almost looks like a pizza with black olives! The bronze ooze is piloncillo (Mexican brown sugar) and the black nuggets are currants. Nice job picking up the tiny flecks of vanilla bean.

    -Nick "nja"

  • At 28/10/04 19:22, Blogger Sam said…

    It's kind of depressing posting all these pics and then realising i didn't get to try some of the things at the picnic. There was just too much to eat! Reading your recipe, Mr NJA, made me really wish I'd tried this very interesting sounding dish. Thanks for the confirmation!


Post a Comment

<< Home