Friday, July 10, 2009

Rocambole Stiff Neck Garlic from the Klamath River

Tomorrow is the last time, Hunter Orchards told me, that they will deliver

picture photograph image Klamath River 2009 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/
Hunter Orchards in Siskiyou only deliver their stiff neck garlic to the San Francisco Ferry Building Farmers' Market for a few weeks every year. They told me that tomorrow would be their last trip with this hard-to-source-in-California stiff neck garlic that will keep well in your cool pantry until Valentine's Day 2010. This could be your last chance to stock up.




Archives
2007 | Served on a pretty nasty plate.

© 2009 Sam Breach
Rocambole Stiff Neck Garlic from the Klamath River

8 Comments:

  • At 11/7/09 08:04, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The is really well done! The lavender in the netting with the white of the garlic really go well together. The focus is lovely as well. Very nice!

    Passport Foodie

     
  • At 11/7/09 08:09, Blogger Beccy said…

    Hope you make it to the market in time to get your supply, it looks lovely.

     
  • At 11/7/09 09:44, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Will you photograph my wedding? I know exactly what I'm going to wear for a veil.

     
  • At 11/7/09 12:47, Blogger Erin said…

    How was yours? I was all excited after falling in love with it last year, but the bag I bought yesterday was all rotten :(.

     
  • At 11/7/09 12:55, Blogger ChrisB said…

    I can't believe it would last that long.

     
  • At 11/7/09 13:47, Blogger Sam said…

    Erin - I am so sorry to hear that - mine has all been great so far. I bought one bag and one braid. That stuff isn't cheap - maybe you can ask to get a refund?

     
  • At 13/7/09 13:50, Blogger Jackson West said…

    Turns out the co-op farmers my family shops at in Washington will be growing stiff-necked garlic in the Skagit valley -- I'll suggest they send a few batches down to California when it's ready!

     
  • At 14/7/09 14:58, Blogger Marco said…

    Damn, I missed them this year. Was looking for them too. Really disappointed, they weren't in the same place they were last year, and I just did not see them. I bought enough last year to last me until green garlic came out again, and it worked like a charm. Comfortably until Valentine's day, even a bit longer. This is common with garlic in Italy; store it in a good dry space (anywhere in SF basically) and it will keep for a long time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home