Thursday, January 31, 2008

Adante Crottin & Meyer Lemon Confit on Toast

Viral Meyer Lemon Love Continued...
picture photograph image meyer lemon confit adante goat cheese and toast 2008 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/

I think I might have mentioned it before, my recent post on Recipes for Meyer Lemons produced lots of inspiring suggestions in the comments. One more that caught my eye was from someone who decided to remain Anonyomous: "A friend introduced me to meyer lemon sandwiches - lightly grill a generous slice of crusty bread and butter it. Thin, thin, thinly slice some meyers and place a few slices on the bread. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Use a vegetable peeler to slice a few pieces of pecorino romano on top."

My own response to that was to spread some toast made from Acme's 'Upstairs' bread with the lemon confit I made earlier in the week using the LA Times suggestion, top it with thin slices of Adante's wonderful Crottin goat cheese and a dribble more of the oil from the confit and pop it under the grill(broiler) to warm through before cracking black pepper on top. So simple but so satisfying too. Much quicker to make and tastier too - is lemon confit the new preserved lemon?




PS. Ever since we first met, Fred and I have NEVER, not once, eaten our dinner in front of the tv. We always lay the table and sit down to a proper dinner, even if it's only toast. That is all set to change tonight because I can't even begin to tell you how excited about the new season of Lost. 31 minutes to go and counting...


QUESTION OF THE DAY graphic copyright sam breach
?Are you tired of my, my, my, uh?, meyer lemon posts yet?
Don't worry, I think that might be it for a while.


Other Resources & Further Reading
Quite by coincidence, someone else was (almost) on the same page as me.

Archives
2007 | Me: In British Food Magazine, Delicious
2006 | Guest Blogger Shelly Butcher now has her own blog!
2005 | Soy Kaviar

© 2008 Sam Breach
Adante Crottin & Meyer Lemon Confit on Toast

16 Comments:

  • At 31/1/08 20:34, Blogger Catherine said…

    Oh, God, that looks divine! I'm without words.

     
  • At 31/1/08 23:49, Blogger Love_at_first_bite said…

    I really admire that you guys always sit down at the table for meals, even though you're trying something new for the sake of lost. According to Michael Pollan in his new book "In defense of food" we should always eat at tables. I think it's sound advise and though i haven't read the book yet (just reviews and that last bit from a podcast) i plan to go out and buy it ASAP. Hope Lost was as good as your toast!

     
  • At 31/1/08 23:59, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nope, not tired of Meyer lemon posts yet. Wish they were a little more globally available, though ;) But maybe that's the charm of the whole thing: seeing produce from across the globe turned into great things makes me rethink my approach to my favorite, local dishes.

     
  • At 1/2/08 04:51, Blogger ChrisB said…

    Eating at the table is much better for the digestion! That little snack looks so good.

     
  • At 1/2/08 05:20, Blogger Kalyn Denny said…

    Oh sigh, I just wish we had Meyer lemons in Utah. My brother has a tree in his yard in LA and whenever I go there he gives me lemons.

     
  • At 1/2/08 10:14, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still have yet to try a meyer lemon or meyer lemon recipe! I need to get on this.

     
  • At 1/2/08 10:16, Blogger Casey said…

    My little Charlie Brown of a Meyer lemon tree finally has reaized that its prime location in the vegetable garden requires it to bear fruit. Keep the lemon posts coming.

     
  • At 1/2/08 11:18, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One can never get tired of Meyer Lemons!

     
  • At 1/2/08 12:38, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you rewatch the season finale on Wednesday night? They had some great promos for the new season. The Sawyer one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPMuucRMDaM) was my favorite.

    cheers.

     
  • At 1/2/08 13:13, Blogger aforkfulofspaghetti said…

    Oooh,fabulous. I love little snackettes like these - so simple, but oh, so tasty...

     
  • At 1/2/08 14:24, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you trying to make me drool? Cause it's working.

    I forgot about Lost! (that sounds kind of pathetic . . . forgetting and losing all in the same sentence) We don't have TV, but we're avid live-streaming fans . . . gotta check and see when it'll be online. Yea!

     
  • At 1/2/08 18:17, Blogger Catherine said…

    and I just remembered I have meyer lemon St. Benoit in the fridge! and I owe this entirely to you.

     
  • At 1/2/08 18:41, Blogger Ellen said…

    I don't have the recipe handy but years ago, when we first moved into this house with 3 (count 'em THREE) lemon trees I made a Shaker Lemon Pie, which was sliced unpeeled lemons, and I used Meyers (although that tree has pass one, alas). You had to like lemons but if you did, it was fantastic!

     
  • At 2/2/08 05:13, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks
    Oktay Usta

     
  • At 2/2/08 15:33, Blogger RecipeGirl said…

    Ok. Mind made up. I'm finally going to plant one of those darn Meyer Lemon trees this spring!! Tire of meyer lemon recipes? Never!

    Lori
    http://TheRecipeGirl.blogspot.com

     
  • At 5/7/08 00:01, Blogger admin said…

    It is a good site

    oktay usta

     

Post a Comment

<< Home